Bleach ReAwakening: Broken Mirror Arc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Staff
Quick Links
Rules
Grading Guidelines
Skill Sheets
Face Claim List
Site Timeline
Racial Information
Arrancar
Human (TBA)
Shinigami
Vizard
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Template
Shinigami Template
Vizard Template
Organizations
Espada
Gotei 13
Mikazuki
Latest topics
» TESTING
Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 5:01 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Shizuru [WIP]
Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 12:52 am by Tsubine

» Yamato Gunrato, 11th Division's Happy Monk
Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 4:08 am by Tsubine

» Shinmon Kisaragi III
Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:34 am by Tsubine

» Chinatsu Fujisaki, Widow of Ryōtarō Fujisaki
Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:15 am by Tsubine

» Fumiko Hōzōin, Wife of Toshizō Hōzōin
Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:08 am by Tsubine

» Gō Minato of the Mikazuki
Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:00 am by Tsubine

» A Sprouting Shinigami - Kaminari Training #1
Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 10:18 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Azakaya [3-1; A3; Advanced]
Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 4:52 am by Tsubine

Top posters
[TheSerenity]
Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Vote_lcapCrimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Voting_barCrimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Vote_lcapCrimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Voting_barCrimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Vote_rcap 
Genpaku
Teitoku
Magmata
Admin
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
[TheSerenity]

Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Empty
PostSubject: Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7   Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 12:50 am

Two days… There was no contact between the Captain Commander and anyone else for two days after Captain Blake woke up. He left no warning to those in his division either. He just up and left. Those who attempted to find him, if any at all, couldn’t. Even approaching his home would lead them nowhere as the house servants explained they didn’t know where he was either. When J finally came out of hiding, he entered the First Division disheveled, out of uniform, and appearing exhausted. He called for a Captains meeting immediately and anyone who attempted to ask him where he was, or if things were okay, were met with frustration and an extremely impatient man.

"All Captains and Lieutenants report to the Captain's Meeting Hall immediately, as ordered by the Captain Commander of the Gotei Thirteen."

After the quick arrival of Captain Mifune, came the talkative and overly excited Lieutenant Hatakeyama. She was, of course, accompanied by her Captain, but his presence was currently overshadowed by a barrage of energetic questions that roused J's irritability. He closed his eyes and tried blocking her out, understanding his mood was not her fault in any way. Soon followed Captain Ishizaki, accompanied by her rather... flamboyant Lieutenant. The calmer energy Captain Ishizaki exuded was much more welcome. The quietness of those who came within the later minutes was interrupted by, of course, Lieutenant Hatakeyama, who approached Captain Toma with an unexpected cheerful familiarity that threw quite a few people off... Especially the easily angered J...

As the Hall filled with Captains and Lieutenants, creating a rather unorthodox meeting, they would find the exhausted Commander sitting at the far end of the room with his back against the wall. His focus was on the floor beneath him. He greeted no one and stayed silent until the noise got to a level where it felt acceptable to speak. Unfortunately, the energy of a well-rested Lieutenant hindered this. "To your post, Lieutenant Hatakeyama," J snapped suddenly. Kaminari quickly hid behind Captain Toma, startled and embarrassed over being yelled at. As he stood, he stumbled and did not hide it well. Still, he got to his feet and faced everyone. "With everyone present, I'm getting this over with."

The practically uncaring demeanor Captain Saionji held was rather out of character to anyone who knew him. He held out his hand to Takahiro, who had been holding a specific set of files. "First off," J opened the first file, "while the information is not complete, what reports we've gotten in have shown a rapid decline in the enlisted. Out of the previous thirty-one-thousand three-hundred and twenty-three members, only twenty-six-thousand, nine-hundred and ninety-three still stand." As J got to a certain part of the file, his eyes dulled of life, "Among the deceased are Captain Saionji of the Second Division, Captain Hayashi of the Fourth Division, Captain Gogatsu of the Sixth Division, Lieutenant Adachihara of the Fourth Division, and Lieutenant Kisaragi of the Tenth Division."

In hearing the fall of so many, most fell silent, deadpan. Only three let the deaths hit quickly. Hyvanna lowered her head at the fall of her Captain. Kaminari held back tears and looked around at everyone to see what she was allowed to do in this situation... She found the answer to be stay quiet, so after setting a firm hand on her Captain's shoulder, she did just that. Haruna, however, turned and walked toward the exit while fighting tears. She quickened her pace after realizing she wouldn't make it to the door on time and left, ignoring anyone's call. Those who try to stop her get a "Leave her be" from Toshizo.

Handing that file back to Takahiro, J opened up the next one. "On Captain Asami... We have received information that he has defected and possibly handed sensitive information to the group of Arrancar that broke the Edge. Consider that this information has come from an Arrancar part of that same group, so is not easily trusted. However, Daisuke Asami's disappearance may be evidence to confirm the accusation. From what I can tell of the Captain Commander's Vault, there is also evidence of some scrolls and old records missing. Unfortunately, the contents of the missing information is unknown, but Captain Makabe, Captain Asami, and myself were the only ones allowed to enter the Vault."
Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7   Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 8:59 pm

Kei, usually quiet at these sorts of meetings, is the first to speak up. Since you two were focused on watching me, that makes sense that he was able to sneak off with that information," she  scoffed. "I guess this goes with my theories." Her Lieutenant chided, "Captain..." Kei sighed. "Apologies. Strike that statement." Kei spoke no further of what theories she had—but knowing her, it was most likely something sexist.

J's eyes slowly drifted from the file to Kei's, locking on them like a witch-seeking-missile. Eyes that were normally much calmer and more controlled, burned with the unpredictability of a lightning strike. "You really enjoy spitting that perfect amount of pure bitch, don't you?" he said with a guttural rage, almost a challenge, as if he was daring her to say something back.

Kei was taken aback for only a moment. She expected such language out of most of the men gathered here. But he was one she thought was at least better than most on the surface. Apparently not. "Only when paranoid men decide to do something idiotic." Kei shot back the same look. If it weren't for Toshizou speaking up, there likely would have been a battle in the barracks. "Our tensions are all high. It's been a rough two weeks. Let's not get to insulting one another. We should have some pride as Captains. Bicker after business is dealt with." Kei rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. A broken clock is right twice a day. "Continue with the report, sir," Toshizou beckoned.

With no more attention paid to Kei's unnecessarily bitchy attitude, J returned to the file after nodding appreciatively toward Toshizou. "According to Captain Toma, this same Arrancar is likely one of their most powerful, used as a trump card for their victory. Captain Toma," J looked up to Kaito, "Do you mind explaining the conversation you were able to have with the Arrancar in question?"

Kaito had remained quiet through the meeting thus far, though it would not be accurate to say he'd been silent.  As the quarreling had escalated he had let out an annoyed growl, and been ready to step in and quiet the other members in the room but was spared the necessity by Captain Toshizou.   As things had gotten back on track he'd swept a gaze over the assembled until the Captain Commander brought the discussion to him.  As the eyes in the room settled on him Kaito took a moment to arrange his thoughts and words, thinking quickly.
"After an extended bout with the Arrancar in question, she decided it had been the most fun she'd had in decades.  After she'd survived by Bankai.  She offered a trade for the entertainment, which is the information you spoke of.  She seems not terribly committed to the cause of this group she works with.  She provided the information of Captain Asami's betrayal, along with an accurate description.  I was prepared to bring this to the Captain and question Asami, but he had fled by the time I arrived back with the information which leads me to think it true.  Additionally, I gained information pertaining to the weapon used to break the Edge and its likely location."

After Kaito's explanation, J nodded in thanks to him. "If the words of the Arrancar are to be trusted, we have a heading, which is more than we had before. A weapon with the ability to bring down a section of the Crimson Edge needs to be destroyed before it is used again. The lack of a second firing leads me to assume the weapon has a cooling off period of some sort, or maybe it was destroyed in the initial firing. No matter, the possibility of a second strike cannot be ignored, especially after the noble sacrifice of Captain Fujisaki, which brings me to the third order of business..."

J handed the second file to Takahiro and held up a third. "Over the centuries, the Gotei Thirteen has remained mostly unchanged since the Civil War. Excluding the occasional promotions or retiring of some, we've stayed stagnant, falling into old traditions and we've stretched ourselves too thing because of it. With our technological advancements," J glanced to Touko, "the evolution of the World of the Living and the newly displayed ambition and power of the Arrancar, I am suggesting a restructuring of the Gotei Thirteen, leaving our obsolete methods a thing of the past."

"Please note that this is just a suggestion. I'm sure everyone here has ideas on how they would like to improve the Gotei as a whole and even certain aspects of their own Divisions... Normally, I'd just implement this, but... to the final order of business today..." J took a deep breath and faced everyone at the head of the group, "I am stepping down as Captain Commander of the Gotei Thirteen and returning to Captain of the Sixth. New information about my promotion, and the man who gave it to me, has reached me through a very trusted source. I cannot honorably stand here any longer."

J's head lowered and his tone became more casual, "My brother is dead, one of my best friends too... I didn't even get a chance to tell Mom before she died... And then..." J looked back over his shoulder, his eyes falling on a door before he turned forward again, his head lowered. "I'm done, and since it's the Captain Commander's job to pick their successor, I'm returning the position to the last Captain Commander who seemed to do a damn thing with it." J turned to Lilith, "Welcome back, Captain Blake."

There was a shocked silence from most Captains. Kei even looked at J incredulously. Saitou of the Sixth Division let out a low whistle. Although silence conquered this meeting, Toshizou decided it was time to beat silence. He bowed slightly. "You may not think highly of your service, sir, but you have led the Gotei through a very prosperous and peaceful time. It was due to your quick action and thinking that we were able to keep the casualty count as low as we did. However, I understand your thoughts on this—and what you are going through would make it difficult for you to complete your tasks. Thank you for your service, and it will be good to work alongside you as a Captain once more."

Out of those he expected to speak up, Toshizou was not number one. J sighed in some relief and walked over to Toshizou, holding out a hand to the man. Once it was taken, J smiled, though weakly, at him and shook his hand. "Thank you, Captain Hōzōin." He then took a step back and bowed respectfully to return Toshizou's. Then he went to Lilith, held out the file and waited for her to take it. She stared at him, nodded, and took it, still a little stunned at the sudden shift that just happened in her life. When J finally went to take his leave, he was stopped... and turned to Kaito.

As J made to leave, a large hand stretched out and took him lightly by the shoulder.  There was no real force behind it, more of a gesture than a demand.  Kaito looked down at J a moment, his eyes searching.
"Are you certain?" Kaito asked after a moment, and the question was many at once.  What it wasn't though was patronizing; Kaito was mainly asking whether, with so much that had changed for them all and J. in particular, whether this was the change the 'young' man wished to add to the pile.

Lilith waved Kaito off with J. She had this. She did before, right? As they left the room, Lilith opened the file and walked to the Head of the room and sat down on the floor. "First demand as Captain Commander, we deserve chairs, holy shit. What is this standing around crap?" Lilith said to lighten the mood as she quickly looked over the file. "Well, he doesn't have a bad idea here," she continued and then stopped, groaning in frustration, "What the hell... Just... Just take a minute. Everyone. Back in five." Lilith stood up and walked out of the Captain's Hall, the opposite direction of the other two.

There was an odd moment of silence after Lilith declared a recess. "Soooooo... That sure happened." Saitou Ishigami, current Lieutenant of the Sixth, broke the silence.

As the meeting went on recess, Kaminari stared at the door that Captain Toma and Saionji went through. A few moments later, she began making her way to the door.

As Kaminari goes to leave, she finds a hand on her shoulder.  Genpaku, who had stayed quiet through most of the exchange, spoke quietly to her.  "Where are you headed?" he asked calmly.

Kaminari looks over her shoulder and points to the door. "I need to talk to the Captain Co-... Captain Saionji."

Genpaku stared at Kaminari hard for the space of a breath before giving a nod.
"I'd tread lightly then Lieutenant.  He seems rather...irritable," Genpaku said, the warning clear between his words; don't cause either of us more problems.  With that he let her go, turning back to the room.  Once the meeting got back under way Genpaku listened intently.

Throughout the five-minute break, Lilith read over the file and did her best to wrap her head around this sudden and slightly unwanted promotion. Kaminari left the room, following the direction J and Kaito went. Everyone else stood around silently or chatting with each other. When Lilith returned, she had the Captain Commander cloak thrown over her shoulder. The file was still in hand, and she went to stand at the head of the room. "To your posts." she said. Once everyone was in place, not caring about those who vacated, she continued the meeting. "Captain Saionji's initial plan for a possible restructure has some merit. The idea I like the most is a Rapid Response Team, which is basically a group of on-call shinigami of the First Division who stand around until an emergency is hit, such as what happened with the mind control infestation and the Crimson Edge. After reaching out to a few of you, I'll be making copies of an updated plan that reflects a more modern Gotei Thirteen. Once you have your copy, think on it, discuss it with your peers, and submit any ideas or requests you may have. Until then, we'll be moving on to a more pressing matter... The destruction of the Edge-Breaker. Within the hour, I will be sending out word to those who will be making up the team of shinigami that will lead an invasion into Hueco Mundo, locate the weapon, and destroy anything in their path to do so. Any questions?"

"Well, I got two." Saitou spoke up, holding up two fingers. "We got any idea where the damn thing is?" Saitou curled up a finger. "And two... Am I gonna get shuffled 'round to a different Division?" He pointed a thumb over towards Takahiro. "'Cause he and Cap'n Saionji been stuck together like a fly on glue. And no offense to them not present, but I don't think Cap'n Saionji and I would work well together that closely."

Lilith turned her attention to Saitou. "Once that information is gathered, it will be given to the group that will be destroying the weapon. Unfortunately, with Daisuke Asami being AWOL and a possible traitor, critical pieces of information will be staying hidden until time of departure to prevent a leak. As for a shuffle, it'll depend on what you want, what Captains shift around and all of that... And this is only if this goes through." Lilith waved around the file in question. "Anything else?"

Before the meeting was called, Kei spoke up. "Are you accepting volunteers for this escapade into Hueco Mundo?" After getting the affirmation, Kei nods. "Then I'll go. If it can't be captured, we'll need to destroy it. Depending on how large this weapon is, only myself or Captain Touma are capable of extremely large area-of-effect damage."

"Anyone else want to volunteer? Otherwise, meeting called.... Five... four... three... two... one..."

Another hand shot up, from close to the front of the room.  Rekka Yoshida, the Third Division's Vice Captain, stepped up into the place his Captain should have been standing, meeting Lilith's gaze.  "I want in on this.  I'd like to see if I can find any kind of evidence for or against Captain Asami."

Lilith nods. "Taking everyone else's silence as no. Still, you may be pulled into the mission anyways... Meeting over."
[/color]
Back to top Go down
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7   Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 10:44 pm

"...And that's roughly how I know how this thing works." Tsubine stepped out of the blackened maw of the Garganta. He waited until all members of the strike force joined him on the wispy white sands of Hueco Mundo. It looked like it should be extremely hot or extremely cold, but it was relatively calm.
Kei scoffed. "I don't believe you." The Captain of the Fifth watched carefully across the desert. It was bland, but the air was thick with Reishi. She hovered about an inch above the sand. Although she had her Zanpakutō on her, her hand was occupied by a wicked-looking double-bladed spear. Even Tsubine could feel the energy within that thing.
Tsubine shrugged. "It's the truth. I know how it works, but I can't use it for long distances. Anyway..." He pointed to a large dune ahead of them. Although distant, it was obvious something was on top of it. "We're just about there." A faint red glow shone from the top of the dune. "Do we want to try to get closer with another Garganta, or do we go running forward? Or, Captain Makabe can you destroy that from here?"
Kei eyed the structure. She thought for a moment. "If it has no defensive barriers, yes. However, my duty here is to get information on it. If it can break through the Crimson Edge, then we need to understand how it can do that." Kei turned to Mifune. "What do you think the best approach would be?"

Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7   Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 4:00 am

Operation began at xx:30, year xxxx. The strike team passed the edge with the help of our Outside Consultant Tsubine Shirazumi, who continued to assist with short range transit as we approached the containment site for the weapon; site showed signs of significant damage prior to our arrival. Short analysis by the team indicated that damage was caused by Arrancar of unknown identity; reason for the destruction is unknown, but may have been an attempt to obfuscate analysis of the weapon. We encountered resistance from a handful of potent Arrancar; descriptions provided matched reports of the Arrancar that were present at the Breach of the Crimson Edge.

Myself, Vice-Captain Yoshida, and Shirazumi engaged the Arrancar in combat while Captain Makabe provided support and investigated the wreckage of the weapon. Minor to Moderate injuries were sustained before we were forced to retreat by one of the Arrancar detonating what remained of the weapon. In the aftermath we discovered a large group of captives that had been taken in the raid following the Breach. Initial findings pointed towards this being only a piece of the group that had been taken, and reports from the found civilians combined with Captain Makabe and my own findings indicate that the same Arrancar that had been infecting members of the Gotei had been active here in controlling the civilians. It is likely that the remaining civilians who were taken were being controlled to do so.

The rescued civilians were brought back and placed in immediate quarantine to ensure no further contamination of other civilian population of Gotei members.

I personally believe that the weapon had been abandoned by the time we arrived; some few Arrancar had either returned to gather pieces of it, or had not gotten the news. The facility was heavily damaged and there seemed to be no effort to begin repairs. Whoever the creator of the weapon was, I think they had moved on to other projects already. I do not believe we came away empty-handed however. Captain Makabe’s report will hopefully prove as much.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7   Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crimson Edge Arc: Into Enemy Territory - Event 7
Page 1 of 1