Bleach ReAwakening: Broken Mirror Arc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Staff
Quick Links
Rules
Grading Guidelines
Skill Sheets
Face Claim List
Site Timeline
Racial Information
Arrancar
Human (TBA)
Shinigami
Vizard
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Template
Shinigami Template
Vizard Template
Organizations
Espada
Gotei 13
Mikazuki
Latest topics
» TESTING
The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 5:01 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Shizuru [WIP]
The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 12:52 am by Tsubine

» Yamato Gunrato, 11th Division's Happy Monk
The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 4:08 am by Tsubine

» Shinmon Kisaragi III
The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:34 am by Tsubine

» Chinatsu Fujisaki, Widow of Ryōtarō Fujisaki
The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:15 am by Tsubine

» Fumiko Hōzōin, Wife of Toshizō Hōzōin
The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:08 am by Tsubine

» Gō Minato of the Mikazuki
The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:00 am by Tsubine

» A Sprouting Shinigami - Kaminari Training #1
The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 10:18 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Azakaya [3-1; A3; Advanced]
The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 4:52 am by Tsubine

Top posters
[TheSerenity]
The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Voting_barThe First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Voting_barThe First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Genpaku
Teitoku
Magmata
Admin
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

The First Mission [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Genpaku

The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 am

Genpaku wasn't surprised when Kaminari wanted to touch the wings, and had no problem letting her do so. She heard his comment about her increased speed, and watched as she started running around like crazy. He reached out a hand when she slipped and the wind came to his command, catching her before she hit the ground. He lifted her back up to her feet, setting her gently down.
“More than likely,” he agreed. Her saw a thought enter her mind, and her hand move towards her Zanpaku-tou. It wasn't exactly hard to figure out what she was planning; he'd be lying if he wasn't curious about it as well though.

As the blade cleared the sheath Genpaku felt the strange effect roll off her once more and felt the forceful separation from Fujin's bankai state. He reflexively clasped his hand as the sealed Zanpaku-tou appeared back in-hand. He gave a small grimace at the sensation of not only the forced sealing or strange limiting ability of Kaminari's Zanpakut-ou, but of the strange feedback he felt at the Bankai vanishing.

“Well, I had been curious about that,” he said as Kaminari reacted with her own bout of surprise.
“And now you understand why I stated I believe you have one of the most powerful Zanpaku-tous I've ever heard of,” he said, sheathing Fujin once more. He could hear some complaining in the back of his mind about how that had all gone down. He walked over to Kaminari, kneeling down and resting a hand tentatively on her shoulder.

“Its a remarkable power, and you'll have to learn to use it wisely. Simply being afraid of it won't help you learn how, when, or why to use it,” he said. He gave her a small smile then. “That comes with time.”

The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 8klWaOIn_o
Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 5:15 am

Kaminari squeezed her own face as her hands slid down it until they slid off. The hand came to her shoulder and she took a deep breath to calm down. "The fact that I can shut off a bankai is terrifying." she said sincerely, turning to face him, "I'm sorry. I doubt that felt normal. I was just curious and ugh, I kinda wish I never did it, but it kinda needed to be found out." Kaminari puffed out her cheeks like she was pouting and pointed to his zanpakuto's. "Tell 'em I said sorry, please!"

Kaminari stood and dusted herself off. There was a moment of silence as she thought to herself and tried to give him some time to send her apology. When she spoke up again, she pat her zanpakuto and smiled. "So, what are we doing next? I have seen that you're utterly terrifying, gifted as all hell, and not fair to other people who want two zanpakuto... Do you have a mission you want me to complete? It's funny cause I really can't remember why we're out here anymore..."

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 4:39 am

Genpaku offered no rebuttal of her initial statement; the fact that he Shikai could overpower a Bankai was well and truly terrifying, and he didn't see much to add to it. He did make a point of passing on her apology, though he was sure they'd heard it themselves already. This brought her around to asking what was next to do.
“The reason we came out here was I wanted to show you what my Zanpaku-tous felt like in case that became relevant information for you. The purpose of heading out today, however, is that I want to see how you handle yourself out in the field on a mission of your own,” he explained. He made a motion for her to follow, and started back towards the Seireitei.

“As such I've organized a short patrol for the two of us into the world of the living, seeing as how that's our area of responsibility. I've already cleared it, so once we get back we'll be free to head to the World of the Living. Once we're there, we'll be paroling a city that's been the target for a lot of spiritual activity in recent months. I don't imagine we'll have to be out there long. Mostly its just a chance to make sure you've got the basics of how these missions go. Granted, this will be somewhat irregular. Generally speaking, I organize it so that Division members are rarely out on their own. I find that teamwork goes a lot farther in taking down dangerous enemies than spreading them out. After you've gotten adjusted, we'll worry about figuring out what squad you'll work best on.”

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Kaminari followed Captain Arishima back toward the Seireitei, ready to start her mission. What he explained on their way back was something she understood and agreed with, but only to a certain degree. "Actually, I thought you were doing it on purpose, which doesn't bother me at all... Being on my own would be safer for everyone." she stated as the two went on, but the tone of voice she spoke with was much colder than he'd ever heard from her before. She was more focused. It was almost like there was a whole new person that seemed to be traveling beside him. "One thing I did learn about you during my time at the academy was that you were very team focused. You want your division to work together as one, from what I can tell... It had me second guess joining, but mostly for the other's safety."

"What happens when I need to pull out my zanpakuto? I could get someone killed because of it." she continued to explain, "Wouldn't it be better for me not to work with anyone else? Or at least with only another partner who could handle not being able to... well, function normally? Anyone who gets too close can die. I know that teamwork can be great, fun even. But denying myself a piece of my own power is just as dangerous as denying someone else of theirs because I'm near. To be honest, I'm quite the conundrum. I can't come up with a good answer. Haha."

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 8:16 am

Genpaku did raise an eyebrow at the sudden change in outlook and mannerisms, but appreciated that she'd actually put some thought into how best to utilize her capabilities.  He gave a small motion, seeming to cede the point.
“That is one way to look at it.  However, I think you're only looking at part of the picture here.  There are two ways one can adapt a fighting style; either they can change themselves to better use it, or change it to better suit themselves.  The same is true for us.  Either we can change ourselves to better use what we are given, in our Zanpaku-tous and kidou and so forth, or we can adapt those things to suit how we choose to fight.”

“In your case I think it may be possible use your Zanpaku-tou in a new manner than you currently do.  Just a bit ago you demonstrated that you can release your Zanpaku-tou by unsheathing the blade by just a small amount.  Likewise, re-sheathing the blade sealed the Zanpaku-tou once more.  With just those two facts you can organize an entire strategy around.  Using the Zanpaku-tou to trap an enemy in place just after your theoretical team has moved into place to strike with their own blades.  Or using the Zanpaku-tou in shorter bursts to cancel out spiritually based attacks or momentarily hinder an enemy with its release.  Prior to closing to use your sword you could be primarily supporting the team using Kidou attacks.  These are all just assuming you choose the route of changing yourself to adapt to your Zanpaku-tou.  You could also look to increase your own skill in Hakuda if you sought to reduce your reliance on your Zanpaku-tou.”

“Make no mistake, of course in the short-term there would be greater risks if you put this into the field.  However, you also assume that your allies in this scenario have not been given a chance to adapt to the ability of your Zanpaku-tou.  Part of being on any team is learning not only what everyone can do but learning how to work together with those abilites.  Of course this is also assuming you want to adapt to what your Zanpaku-tou can do.  If instead you want to learn to make it adapt to how you want to fight, well that's a different road and one you'd have better luck figuring out how to do since how one does that is usually tied more to them.”

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 12:32 am

"Change myself in order to adapt." Kaminari muttered to herself, seeing the Rukongai and the Seireitei walls come into view over one of the large hills they came to the top of. There wasn't much to be said after that. Kaminari was stuck contemplating what Captain Arishima had said and wondering what path she could take. She was skilled in kido and zanjutsu, but one of those kind of required her zanpakuto to be sealed, something that was proving to be a pain in the backside.

"Since I can't rely on kido all the time, Hakuda would be my best choice. I'm not exactly the best in in though." Kaminari finally spoke up after quite a bit of thought on the subject, "I don't see others being able to adapt to my zanpakuto. It's too much of a change. Besides, I have to admit that I'm not sure I want anyone being used to the way my zanpakuto feels. It's like making someone used to your lightning and wind strikes. It pretty much gives them a major edge over you and if they ever decide to betray you, you're kind of at a major disadvantage."

The two of them were able to make it back to the Seireitei in good time. They made it into the gates before Kaminari slowed to a stop and took a few moments to catch her breath. "Just give me a second..." she asked, leaning up against one of the Seireitei walls and taking a few deep breaths, "I'm not normally witness to a Captain's bankai and you released two... I think I have the right to be a little tired after that and the run there and back." Kaminari stretched by raising her arms and leaning back and forth. "So, what's your specialty? I mean, in combat."

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 7:40 am

“We must each determine what our own best path is,” Genpaku responded to her decision and explanation. Whether that was agreement or disagreement was unclear; if anything, it sounded like something he was repeating that he'd been told an untold number of time. He offered no argument though when Kaminari leaned against the wall and asked for a breather. She'd done well to come this far, so he leaned against the wall opposite her, taking in the sunshine of the day. She smoothly moved into another question though.

“I've made it a point of learning and understanding most of the different styles of Shinigami combat, since I've rarely found that having more tools to fight monsters is a bad thing. My specialty though would be Hoho and Hakuda in that order. I've always had speed come natrually, and the techniques of Hoho came much the same. Combining that with speed tends to work well,” he explained.
“I'd consider myself reasonably skilled in both, though I'm obviously nowhere near the level of the 'Three Fists' as they're known. Hard to say how fast I am compared to the other Captains; we don't exactly have races you know. As far as I'm concerned, I've still got a lot to learn and a long way to go.”

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Kaminari caught her breath by the time he answered her question. "Hm." she said shortly, a hint of something more to come once she thought of the right words. She pondered for a moment and then nodded. "Yeah, two things I noticed there." she said, holding up two fingers, "Firstly, the word 'monsters.' Pretty sure I heard you call them that once or twice before, but I can't remember. Most call them hollows, arrancar, spirits, etcetera. I apologize if this is too forward, but is there a bad history there? I don't want to know what, but not everyone sees them as monsters, but as lost spirits damned to suffer. I mean, I guess once they're hollows they are just instinctual creatures, but so is a wolf. I don't know..." She groaned and crossed her arms, "I'm just interested in why you call them monsters. Anyways!!!"

"The part I'm most curious about... You're one of them humble nice guys, aren't you?" Kaminari said with a knowing smile as she stepped over and lightly pat a finger on his chest, "Instead of admitting that you're pretty amazing, you say you have a lot to learn and could get better. Yes, everyone can, but why not boast a little?" Kaminari grabbed onto his shoulders and likely shook him, "You're the youngest Captain of the Gotei Thirteen in history! You've got two shikais and bankais. Who cares whether there is more to learn or whether you're a match for the Three Fists. You've got a few titles under your belt that no one else in the Gotei Thirteen, now or in the past, has ever had. It's okay to brag a bit, especially to me. I am your Lieutenant. If you can't to me, then who in the heck can you boast to?"

"I do understand why you wouldn't want to give your self a pat on the back when someone like your Mom is around. I could tell instantly that she's got a bit of an ego, and if her reputation is right she does kind of deserve it. However, she'd probably be like "OH WELL I CAN DO THIS" and bench press a mountain." Kaminari chuckled at her own joke, "But yeah, let loose a little bit. You obviously understand your skill and should understand that you are in the two percent of Shinigami that stand at the top. You have the right to let some of us know how hard you've worked. Sometimes, it's okay to be prideful... at least enough to not be the 'I've still got a lot to learn' type when there are thousands lagging behind you."

Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 9:03 am

“Because they are,” Genpaku answered to her first question.  “Who they were is twisted by the nature of what they've become, and they've become hungry.  They've become cruel.  There is no recourse but to cleanse them,” he said, and while his tone never much changed something cold flowed through his words, something solid and spiteful and sharpened.  He seemed to consider the second part of her question though for several quiet moments before he lifted up his left arm, using his right to pull the sleeve down.  While they poked out slightly even when he wore the uniform correctly, with the sleeve down his arm was revealed to be covered in scars.  Defensive wounds from a pivotal event in his life, or afterlife depending on how you wanted to classify such things.
“Yes, you could say there is bad history there.  I've seen firsthand what kind of cruelty Hollows live in, what pain they find solace with.  My life, my family, was ended by their hunger.”  Before she could offer apology he held out his right hand, letting his left arm fall and the sleeve fall back into place.  “It was a fair question,” he said.

He moved onto her second point.  He made no move to stop her from shaking him, and seemed to think on the point for a bit.

“I guess you could say I've just never been much the boasting type?  I'm not stupid, I know that there are few Shinigami who will reach the level of skill and power I've managed to obtain. And I'm not going to say that where I've gotten too is easy to get to. It's just..." he started, but seemed to stumble to a stop on his words, considering them.
"What good is power if it fails at its purpose? As far as I can figure, I don't yet have the strength to do what I'd want to with my current level of power. I can't be sure I could protect those that matter to me. I don't know if I could stop what happened to me from happening to someone else. So if I use that as my measures of strength, I don't see how I could truly call myself powerful. I have power, I have skill, and I have the will to use it. Whether any of that is enough though?" he concluded with a shrug, leaving the question hanging in the air as his answer.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 4:32 pm

That tense cold that leaked from Genpaku's words struck Kaminari with enough force that she couldn't really hide the sad and slightly offended look he was able to bring forward. The quiet that followed would not be broken by her. She kept her mouth shut, unsure of how to respond to the change she saw in him when referring to the Hollow. Kaminari had noticed a few of the showing scars before, but figured they were small training wounds or even a couple of injuries from battle. She was not expecting what she saw. The reveal of the rest of them caught her by surprise. "I see." being the only response before he actually spoke up about them.

When he finished, Kaminari withdrew some, having a hard time looking at the scars he showed, or even at him when he spoke. She did look to him to apologize for asking, but was silenced by his motion. She turned away again because of it. With sorrow and guilt now the main emotions swirling about her heart, Kaminari tried pushing them from her mind as he answered the second question she had in her little rant before. She let him speak on, a multitude of thoughts and counter arguments flooding her mind as he continued. A little more of her Captain's mind was coming out and she couldn't shake the depressed feeling she was absorbing.

"Okay, stop... Please..." Kaminari took a deep breath and sighed, "You.. are a depressing Shinigami, ya know that? That was incredibly personal, but holy mother of greatness, it was depressing. Why do you have such a negative outlook on the world? I mean, I'm sure you've got some..." She motioned to his scars, her expression extremely concerned for him, "really dark memories, but we live hundreds of years, Captain. It may be good to let a little bit of that go. And yes, I'm the newbie that should probably shut her mouth real tight because she doesn't know what she's talking about, but that isn't exactly right... Uh... Here! Look at this."

Kaminari went on her own stripping-spree and dropped the entire top of her shihakusho. Under there was, not a bra, but wrappings that women often used before bras were invented. Her entire chest was covered, so she didn't exactly give a monkey's uncle! However, she did also reveal her own rather difficult to look at scar. Instead of many little ones, hers was two large ones that looked to have sliced open her entire torso when originally inflicted. She rolled the wrappings up just a bit to show it went up farther and then smiled at him. "See, I got my own and I don't have to be all depressing about it... In fact, my mom did that."

Kaminari redressed herself quickly, not wanting to be spotted by anyone in such a condition. "Well, at the time I didn't know it was her. She sorta turned into one of those things that you call a monster." she explained with a smile, still not looking him in the eye, but instead to the blue sky above them, "She killed me. Then chased me down as a soul and that's how I got those... A Shinigami showed up right before she would have devoured me, but he wasn't quick enough to prevent me from seeing her face when he broke the mask... Then he killed her. Still remember the horror in the one eye I could see, and the tear... It sucked, but it was Mom."

"She would never have done such a thing in life..." Kaminari's gaze lowered from the sky and to the ground at her feet, "Everyone of them had families, loved ones, people that mattered to them... Then they died and turned. It wasn't their fault. It's like getting sick. If a sickness that causes a dog to attack his master of ten years doesn't turn the dog into a monster, then why is it different with hollow? Just because they have to go the way of Ol' Yeller, doesn't mean they're monsters. You just do what you have to do to let them out of a life they never would have chosen and move on. That's... how I ended up looking at it anyway..."

Now," a more cheerful tone suddenly returned, "Arrancar suck. At least that's what I've been told. Never came across one of those, so I'll hold my judgement until I can actually say I've seen one." Kaminari finally lifted her head and that normal smile of hers returned. She turned on her heel to face Genpaku. Though her eyes were red, as if she were fighting tears, there was no evidence of any ever falling. "We should probably get goin' on this mission, dontcha think, Captain? We waste too much time talkin' and I might not have the energy to complete it. I'ma get so hungry and dinner isn't happening until way later. Oh, oh, oh!" Kaminari put her hands together, a beggars tone coming up, "Can we get some dinner out there?"

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 3:37 am

“Not all stories have happy beginnings,” Genpaku said as response to her initial comment about his story being depressing. He held his tongue though, letting her continue to speak her mind. Though she didn't know it, this conversation had just added another point in her favor for keeping her position. Genpaku didn't want someone who simply followed along with what he said if they didn't agree with it. He wanted someone that would question him when it was appropriate. Of course that was a slippery slope, because they had a job to do and sometimes that job could be hard. In this moment though it was exactly what he'd been looking for.

He began by taking her words in quietly and thinking on them, then Kaminari started to wriggle around and out of her clothes. Initially, Genpaku simply turned his head, keeping a straight face though some color rose up. However, when it became apparent that she was trying to show him something relevant to the conversation, he turned back and noticed the scars. Kaminari continued to speak as she redressed herself. He count understand her outlook on the whole situation, he supposed. He even agreed with some of the points, but the entire sentiment he couldn't agree with. Before long however, she changed gears and tried to focus back on the mission at hand, to which he gave a small smile.

“Indeed; we should move on or else we'll be sitting here discussing philosophy for hours. Let's leave it at this though; regardless of outlook, we agree that Hollows need to be stopped from inflict more pain as best as anyone can.”

“In terms of the world of the Living, that's us. That's our job. And that's where we're headed. We're going to do a short patrol out in the World of the Living to see how you react out in the thick of it. We should be on our toes; we've seen a dramatic rise in the appearance of Arrancars recently, and Hollow sightings haven't stopped. Don't let your guard down. That said, yes I imagine we can grab something to eat while we're out,”
he said, making sure to cut some of the seriousness with that request for food. That said, with the World of the Living being more active he was concerned. This was part of why he was personally accompanying her out on this one; if things got dicey, he wanted someone there who could handle it.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 10:12 pm

The World of the Living was always a marvel to Kaminari. She loved exploring the new things humans had created over time. In fact, Kaminari ended up on a rant about the last time she was able to come here. She had found out about fast food and seriously wanted to figure out how it worked. She didn't get the chance to then, so she wanted to try if she finished her mission early. Unfortunately, she wasn't sure when that was going to be since things were getting serious very quickly. Kaminari found herself stuck in battle with a hollow about the size of a minivan.

"This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to carry a child!" Kaminari whined in the back of her mind, frustrated at the situation. The easy solution would be to ask Captain Arishima to take care of the kid for a moment, since the hollow seemed to be focusing him. The boy was just about six and had been playing in the park with his dog when their day had taken a turn. Oh well! Easy solution equals best solution. As the hollow shot out some sort of spider web, Kaminari vanished with a flash-step and appeared next to her Captain. "Use all resources to save lives!" Kaminari said as she handed the child over, not really asking permission.

With the crying child who could obviously see the hollow trying to get him now handed over to the one she knew could take care of him, Kaminari dashed at the hollow without a second thought. It went to spit another spray of web at her, but she flash-stepped out the way and into melee range with it. She pointed her finger at the things forehead, the creating being much taller than her. "Byakurai." she spoke the spells name without need for incantation and a shot of blue lightning fired through the hollows body. It disintegrated from their sight and Kaminari quickly returned to her Captain's side. "Third one down! You weren't kidding about the excess activity in this area.. Wonder why. Think they're cookin' something up?"

Kaminari took the child from her Captain and gave the boy a tight hug. "Now, you gotta be careful about those things, okay? Stay far away from 'em." she told him before giving the child a kiss on the forehead and putting him down. "Oh. I have one thing for ya, little guy." Kaminari smiled widely and held up what looked like a Pez candy dispenser. The boy reached for some and then 'pop', a puff of smoke sent the little one asleep. Kaminari laid the boy down next to his dog, who refused to stop barking at the two Shinigami. As Kaminari took a step away from the child, a sudden shriek filled the air, violently piercing the ears of any spirit or spiritually aware person in the vicinity. Kaminari winced, grimacing at the horrid sound as she looked to the edge of Karakura Town to see the hollow it came from.

"Let's go." Kaminari figured her Captain could pinpoint the location just as easily as she did and hurried on toward the screamer. It was her mission after all, so she might as well make the calls. After the first flash-step, however, the hollow ceased it's shrieking and ran off toward the Karakura Forest. Kaminari stopped near the spot the hollow once stood, only able to sense the direction it was in, not see it anymore. "It ran... If that isn't some sort of trap, I don't know what is..." Before Kaminari had a chance to even think on a course of action, the shrieking began again, this time much louder and more piercing. She could feel the insides of her ears shake from the intense vibration and was forced to cover her ears.

"We have to shut it up..." Kaminari said, but the chance of it being heard over this sound was low. Instead of standing around to suffer this horrific noise, Kaminari hurried on toward the hollow once more. It moved quickly and resembled a frog, so it was hopping along through and above the trees. The longer someone listened to this shrieking, the more discombobulated they became. Besides the headache that strikes within the first few seconds, give or take a few depending on power level, soon vision will become blurrier and blurrier. After that, the difficulty seeing will lead to balance issues and extreme nausea. The blurry vision Kaminari was already feeling. "Captain, why is it moving away from town? Is that normal?"

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 7:47 am

While Hollow activity in the area had certainly been heightened, enough that Genpaku had been concerned anyway, today proved to be even more than the reports had indicated.  Three Hollows in not even as many hours was unusual under normal circumstances; small mercies, they didn't seem to be working together for the time being.  Generally speaking, Genpaku stayed backa dn out of the conflicts, observing how Kaminari handled the situations she was presented.  On this third Hollow, he offered no argument when she handed him the kid then spun around and dove back into the fray.  He watched her move, then looked back to the child and gave a small smile.
“Its okay, you're safe now.  We'll get you home shortly,” he said simply before setting the child down next to him; woe unto any who came near that child at that point.

With simple efficiency and just a little flair Kaminari cleaned up the medium sized Hollow; the assessments of her skills weren't far off the mark.  She had a knack for kidou, though you could say she seemed to rely rather heavily on it.  He'd figured as much given her distaste for her Zanpaku-tou's ability though.  Given her own admission that her Hakuda was lacking, she could be forgiven for it for now.  She returned and dealt well with the child before setting him down.  Genpaku started to compliment her on a job well done when things took another turn; he winced slightly as well as the scream went out.  No question about it, there was power in that scream.  Kaminari came to the same conclusion and set out in the direction of the Hollow.

The Hollow bgan to act strangely almost from minute one; as they closed it retreated.  Something was off, and he was getting a bad feeling about what was going on.  However, this was currently Kamianri's mission so he didn't step in just yet.  She spoke up, and he gave a grunt of agreement before the shriek kicked up again.  Genpaku felt the headache that was beginning, but focused his attention on the creature and his surroundings; his training for both Kyoumei and Shinkoru had subjected him to a great deal of energy interference in his mind and more than a few headaches.  It wouldn't be correct to say that he was either immune to the headaches nor that they weren't happening.  Given his own power they would certainly be less severe than Kaminari would be feeling, but more to the point he'd developed the ability to focus to such a degree that the annoyance and pain from the headache simply wasn't much important to his attention for the time.

“This is certainly abnormal; be on your guard,” he said as he reached out with his own senses.  Something was wrong, and he felt in his gut that they would soon find out what it was.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 8:19 am

The shrieking stopped, but the presence still remained. The hollow seemed to stop running off as well. Within moments, the two shinigami found themselves in a clearing, the frog hollow sitting patiently, as if it were waiting for them. "Odd." Kaminari said, though her voice was noticeably strained, likely from the shrieking that was happening. The stillness of the clearing was broken when Kaminari went to do her job, through the curiosity pecking at the back of her skull. As she moved her hand to fire off a kido, the frog-hollow gave her no chance to speak before his throat expanded and his mouth opened. A sonic wave of high pitched shrieking shot out directly the two of them, more focused than the previous noises had been.

Kaminari's instinct was to cover her ears immediately, but even through the palms cupped tightly over her ears, she was having a hard time drowning out even half of the sound that forced its way through. Sick of the sound, Kaminari quickly grabbed the hilt to her zanpakuto and unsheathed the sword, the fifty foot radius of nullifying energy being instantly created. Kaminari dropped to one knee, blinking her eyes and holding her head with her free hand. "I'm so sorry, Captain, but... that was too much for me." she said, looking up to him. Her eyes were shaking terribly, an obviously involuntary motion brought upon her by the hollows ability.

The hollow kept trying to use its ability over and over again, but was getting nowhere. The moment the hollow turned to leave, Kaminari ran after him. "Oh, no you don't!" she shouted angrily. The hollow could barely jump and was not used to the strangeness of Kaminari's zone, so she caught up to him easily and stabbed her sword into his mask, causing it to crack. "Not so tough without that scream, are ya? Jerk." Kaminari forced her sword in harder, finally causing the mask to crack enough that it snapped in two and the hollow vanished. Kaminari sighed and sheathed her sword, the energy resealing and everything returning to normal.

"What a pain in the behi-ow..." Kaminari suddenly winced as she smacked her left shoulder. "That hurt..." Kaminari pushed her shihakusho out of the way and saw nothing of note. When she felt yet another bite, but this time on her hip, she hissed and slapped the same area. "Something just bit me." She said and slid her arm back into her uniform. She felt around the spot. She found something there and pulled it out. "A bug... Ew. What kind of bug is that?!" Kaminari held it up to Genpaku before throwing it to the ground. A moment later, Genpaku would feel something crawling along his skin, under the uniform. In fact, unlike Kaminari, he could likely sense the tiniest bit of energy from them. It was practically non-existent.

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:01 am

Nothing about this situation was sitting right, and Genpaku was getting more on edge as it went. When the frog-hollow unleashed its attack, he stepped to the side and honestly expected Kaminari to do the same. Instead, the attack caught her flat-footed and quickly forced her to flip to her Zanpaku-tou. Genpaku made a note in his own head about that, as the effects of Kaminari's Zanpaku-tou ability washed over the area. To be sure, after she had hindered the Hollow she went about dispatching it quickly if not gracefully. Still, nothing about this was feeling right. Kaminari had scarcely sheathed her blade when things began to change once more. Kaminari reacted to a pair of apparent bites. She produced something that looked vaguely like a bug before throwing it on the ground.

Genpaku sensed otherwise; they were faint, but he could detect the reiatsu of a Hollow coming off that bug and both the ones on Kaminari and himself. Genpaku moved swiftly, his foot slamming down where Kaminari had thrown the bug while one of his hands ducked into his own clothing. He produced another of the bugs which had been unable to bite him due to his durability.

“Its not a bug; we're under attack,” Genpaku said as he kept hold on the small bug without crushing it. Genpaku pulled out the denreishinki, flipping it open with the obvious intent to make a call.
“Be ready; if they don't spring this trap now, we're retreating,” he said as the phone began to connect to the Soul Society.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 4:58 am

Kaminari put herself on high alert when her Captain realized this wasn't normal. She has to really focus on the bug and could barely, barely sense something off about it. She subconsciously scratched at her hip for but a moment as she looked around the area. She saw and sensed nothing until something dropped on the tip of her nose. She reacted in a similar manner to how people react when a spider drops on them, flailing about for a moment before slapping it off. Luckily, it didn't get a chance to bite her, but it pushed her to looking above their own heads.

"Up, up, up, up, up..." Kaminari said in a panic and rushed back toward the city, grabbing Captain Arishima by reflex, assuming he was distracted with his call. It was doubtful that she had to drag him, so as long as he moved on his own, she let go. Once they left the area of strange bugs, Kaminari stopped and looked back in. Many of them were retreating into the darkness, but in all different directions. Some even came toward them, but pointedly avoided the about five feet around herself and Captain Arishima. In short, they scattered like roaches under a light.

"Ew, yuck, Ugh..." Kaminari shuddered, wiping off her shihakusho as if she felt things crawling on them, "I hate bugs. Hate 'em." Not even seeing any there, Kaminari dusted Genpaku off to. "Just ew." she shuddered again and then took a deep breath to calm herself down. "That. Was. Not. Fun." she sighed. She sat down and placed her hands over her ears, "They're still ringing... Do... you sense anything?" The only residual energy in the area was their own. The strange bugs, when clumped together, did give off a small energy, but not much. Once the hundreds of them left, they took the ability to sense them into the darkness too.

"Time... to rest." Kaminari dropped into the grass and laid down, looking up at the black sky, "If those belongs to the frog, which would make sense with it's hollow-theme... Wouldn't they have died with him? Was someone else watching us? I couldn't sense it... Did they take a small bite out of you too?" Kaminari realized something and sat up. She looked at the first bite on her shoulder and saw nothing, so she looked down to the once that itched. There was a brief moment of hesitation, but she closed up her shihakusho and sighed. "So, what do we do next?"

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 12:15 am

Genpaku followed as Kaminari reacted to the swarm above them, still holding the one squirming insect in his fingers while his eyes searched the area around them.  Accompanying his eyes, his senses reached out and sought any presences around them but with so many tiny signatures flitting about it was hard to get much of anything.  Especially with the lingering energy of the frog hollow still hanging in the air.  His focus shifted slightly once the connection was established from his denreishinki to the Soul Society.
“This is Captain Arishima of the Eighth Division; I and my Vice-Captain have come under attack in the field.  I need a sample analyzed by the Twelfth Division an-” he began, but cut off as more relavent information was fed back to him.  His eyes narrowed, but the information didn't truly change much about their current situation.  It did make the next course of action more apparent however.
“Acknowledged,” he stated, and closed the phone.

He'd heard Kaminari's list of questions, and looked at her for several moments as he considered.

“I don't think they're tied to the frog-hollow,” he said.  “I think something else is going on here.  What exactly, I don't know yet.  That's why we're heading back to Soul Society.  We need this analyzed by the Twelfth, and I want you checked over by the Fourth.  Besides, the situation back at home has changed,” he said, attempting to cut off any protest.
“There has been an attack on a patrol from the Ninth Division.  The Mikazuki are currently being blamed.  We may well be on the eve of war.  If that is the case, precautions need to be taken.  And the more eyes we have seeing you around, the less trouble you'll have,” he said, speaking plainly about the situation.  Still, he waited a moment to see if Kaminari had any arguments against this.  While it wasn't really up for debate, he was willing to at least let her speak her piece.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 2:55 am

The time Kaminari was given to argue was filled with hesitation by opening her mouth, closing it, opening it again, closing it once more, and then groaning in defeat when she realized she had no argument. "Alright. Let's go back." she said disappointed, her head slightly hung as she waited for him to open the Senkaimon, "I don't think I need to go to the Fourth, though. It's just a little bug bite."

The trip back was simple and unhindered. The two returned to the Gotei Thirteen without incident and made their way to the Twelfth Division. By the time they got there though, Kaminari had been scratching at her side so much that she winced the last time she did. At the Twelfth's doors, she looked down to her shihakusho and noticed her nails had scratched through the fabric and into her skin. Since there were two layers, it showed that the itch had been worse than she thought.

She said nothing, unsure whether he noticed, but the worry on her face was noticeable. Captain Arishima had told her to go on ahead to the Fourth while he was busy in the Twelfth, so he'll return to her leaning against the wall, her hands placed behind her back being pressed against the wall a little roughly. When she notices him, she'll stand up straight, her hands falling to her sides and indented with the pattern of the Twelfth's wall. She looked worried and defeated at once.

"I don't want to go to the stupid hospital..."

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 7:10 pm

Genpaku was on edge for the entire trip back, the strange hollow-like-insect squirming in his hand.  He was ready for an attack of some sort, but one never materialized.  He instructed Kaminari to head towards the Fourth Division while he dropped off the insect and reported what had happened.  Largely, the report was about the strange behavior of the Hollow leading up to the attack by the insects and how the behavior of the Hollows in general had been strange.  This was likely just one of many reports that had been passed along in the last several months to the Twelfth as the Eighth had noticed more and more the strangeness in their old foe.

Genpaku, however, was vaguely surprised when he was heading out and found Kaminari still present, leaning against the wall and obviously nervous and defeated.  He tilted his head as she turned to face him, and stated that she didn't want to go to the Hospital.  Genpaku looked at her a moment, then gave a pointed look at her side where she had now worn a noticeable hole where she'd been bitten.  He let this gaze linger there in silence for several moments before he looked back at her with a small, sad smile.

“That doesn't look like a normal bug-bite to me, and I think you know that.  Normal bug-bites don't have one ripping a hole in their side,” he said in a gentle voice.  Other Captains might have been mad that their orders had been defied or ignored, but Genpaku recognized this was bumping up against something else.  He wasn't entirely sure what the issue was, but she seemed to have some kind of aversion to hospitals.

“If you are really adverse from going to the Fourth, I'll respect that,” he said at length.  “I don't like it, but I'll do so.  However, I think you should go and get it checked out.  It would make me feel better, because something is wrong with that.  It could be some kind of delayed poison or something for all we know.  Alternatively, you could ask the Twelfth to look at it...but I'd personally go with the Fourth.”

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 2:01 am

The entire time Kaminari was waiting for Captain Arishima to return, she expected a much different reaction. She imagined being yelled at for not following orders, being dragged there by the collar, or being threatened in the way authority can threaten. She was not expecting the smile or a kind acceptance of it. The one thing she thought he'd do that he did do was suggest an alternative of some sort. However, she wasn't expecting "go to the twelfth." She expected "have doctor come to you." Going to the Twelfth may have been a good idea...

"I'd rather do that." she said simply before turning toward the building. She put her hand on the doorknob to open it and stopped. There was a moment of silence and then she just turned away, sighing. "I'll be in my office if you need me." Kaminari said, not even looking back at him before she took a step, "I'll see you later, Captain." Kaminari shunpo'd and made her way back toward her office.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Mission [Closed]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2