HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Staff
Quick Links
Rules
Skill & Tier System
Skill Sheets
Face Claim List
Racial Information
Arrancar
Human (TBA)
Kōshin
Quincy
Shinigami
Vizard
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Template
Kōshin Template
Quincy Template
Shinigami Template
Vizard Template
Organizations
Espada
Gotei 13
Mikazuki
Latest topics
» The First Mission [Private]
Yesterday at 9:03 am by Genpaku

» Promithéa [WIP]
Yesterday at 2:13 am by Tsubine

» Midori Hayashi [Finished]
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:34 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Ayumi Ito [FINISHED]
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:48 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Hyvanna Keaton [FINISHED]
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:18 am by [TheSerenity]

» Haruna Senju [Finished]
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:34 am by [TheSerenity]

» Joshua Jehanna [APPROVED, 1-5]
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 am by Tsubine

» Tsubine von Zarkonheinz [FINISHED]
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:44 am by Tsubine

» Raia Kazakova [FINISHED]
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:42 am by Tsubine

Top posters
[TheSerenity]

Tsubine

Genpaku

Admin

Magmata

Top posting users this month
[TheSerenity]

Tsubine

Genpaku

Magmata

Top posting users this week
Tsubine

Genpaku

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

The First Mission [Private]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Private]   Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 am

Genpaku wasn't surprised when Kaminari wanted to touch the wings, and had no problem letting her do so. She heard his comment about her increased speed, and watched as she started running around like crazy. He reached out a hand when she slipped and the wind came to his command, catching her before she hit the ground. He lifted her back up to her feet, setting her gently down.
“More than likely,” he agreed. Her saw a thought enter her mind, and her hand move towards her Zanpaku-tou. It wasn't exactly hard to figure out what she was planning; he'd be lying if he wasn't curious about it as well though.

As the blade cleared the sheath Genpaku felt the strange effect roll off her once more and felt the forceful separation from Fujin's bankai state. He reflexively clasped his hand as the sealed Zanpaku-tou appeared back in-hand. He gave a small grimace at the sensation of not only the forced sealing or strange limiting ability of Kaminari's Zanpakut-ou, but of the strange feedback he felt at the Bankai vanishing.

“Well, I had been curious about that,” he said as Kaminari reacted with her own bout of surprise.
“And now you understand why I stated I believe you have one of the most powerful Zanpaku-tous I've ever heard of,” he said, sheathing Fujin once more. He could hear some complaining in the back of his mind about how that had all gone down. He walked over to Kaminari, kneeling down and resting a hand tentatively on her shoulder.

“Its a remarkable power, and you'll have to learn to use it wisely. Simply being afraid of it won't help you learn how, when, or why to use it,” he said. He gave her a small smile then. “That comes with time.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Private]   Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:15 am

Kaminari squeezed her own face as her hands slid down it until they slid off. The hand came to her shoulder and she took a deep breath to calm down. "The fact that I can shut off a bankai is terrifying." she said sincerely, turning to face him, "I'm sorry. I doubt that felt normal. I was just curious and ugh, I kinda wish I never did it, but it kinda needed to be found out." Kaminari puffed out her cheeks like she was pouting and pointed to his zanpakuto's. "Tell 'em I said sorry, please!"

Kaminari stood and dusted herself off. There was a moment of silence as she thought to herself and tried to give him some time to send her apology. When she spoke up again, she pat her zanpakuto and smiled. "So, what are we doing next? I have seen that you're utterly terrifying, gifted as all hell, and not fair to other people who want two zanpakuto... Do you have a mission you want me to complete? It's funny cause I really can't remember why we're out here anymore..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Private]   Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:39 am

Genpaku offered no rebuttal of her initial statement; the fact that he Shikai could overpower a Bankai was well and truly terrifying, and he didn't see much to add to it. He did make a point of passing on her apology, though he was sure they'd heard it themselves already. This brought her around to asking what was next to do.
“The reason we came out here was I wanted to show you what my Zanpaku-tous felt like in case that became relevant information for you. The purpose of heading out today, however, is that I want to see how you handle yourself out in the field on a mission of your own,” he explained. He made a motion for her to follow, and started back towards the Seireitei.

“As such I've organized a short patrol for the two of us into the world of the living, seeing as how that's our area of responsibility. I've already cleared it, so once we get back we'll be free to head to the World of the Living. Once we're there, we'll be paroling a city that's been the target for a lot of spiritual activity in recent months. I don't imagine we'll have to be out there long. Mostly its just a chance to make sure you've got the basics of how these missions go. Granted, this will be somewhat irregular. Generally speaking, I organize it so that Division members are rarely out on their own. I find that teamwork goes a lot farther in taking down dangerous enemies than spreading them out. After you've gotten adjusted, we'll worry about figuring out what squad you'll work best on.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Private]   Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Kaminari followed Captain Arishima back toward the Seireitei, ready to start her mission. What he explained on their way back was something she understood and agreed with, but only to a certain degree. "Actually, I thought you were doing it on purpose, which doesn't bother me at all... Being on my own would be safer for everyone." she stated as the two went on, but the tone of voice she spoke with was much colder than he'd ever heard from her before. She was more focused. It was almost like there was a whole new person that seemed to be traveling beside him. "One thing I did learn about you during my time at the academy was that you were very team focused. You want your division to work together as one, from what I can tell... It had me second guess joining, but mostly for the other's safety."

"What happens when I need to pull out my zanpakuto? I could get someone killed because of it." she continued to explain, "Wouldn't it be better for me not to work with anyone else? Or at least with only another partner who could handle not being able to... well, function normally? Anyone who gets too close can die. I know that teamwork can be great, fun even. But denying myself a piece of my own power is just as dangerous as denying someone else of theirs because I'm near. To be honest, I'm quite the conundrum. I can't come up with a good answer. Haha."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Private]   Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:16 am

Genpaku did raise an eyebrow at the sudden change in outlook and mannerisms, but appreciated that she'd actually put some thought into how best to utilize her capabilities.  He gave a small motion, seeming to cede the point.
“That is one way to look at it.  However, I think you're only looking at part of the picture here.  There are two ways one can adapt a fighting style; either they can change themselves to better use it, or change it to better suit themselves.  The same is true for us.  Either we can change ourselves to better use what we are given, in our Zanpaku-tous and kidou and so forth, or we can adapt those things to suit how we choose to fight.”

“In your case I think it may be possible use your Zanpaku-tou in a new manner than you currently do.  Just a bit ago you demonstrated that you can release your Zanpaku-tou by unsheathing the blade by just a small amount.  Likewise, re-sheathing the blade sealed the Zanpaku-tou once more.  With just those two facts you can organize an entire strategy around.  Using the Zanpaku-tou to trap an enemy in place just after your theoretical team has moved into place to strike with their own blades.  Or using the Zanpaku-tou in shorter bursts to cancel out spiritually based attacks or momentarily hinder an enemy with its release.  Prior to closing to use your sword you could be primarily supporting the team using Kidou attacks.  These are all just assuming you choose the route of changing yourself to adapt to your Zanpaku-tou.  You could also look to increase your own skill in Hakuda if you sought to reduce your reliance on your Zanpaku-tou.”

“Make no mistake, of course in the short-term there would be greater risks if you put this into the field.  However, you also assume that your allies in this scenario have not been given a chance to adapt to the ability of your Zanpaku-tou.  Part of being on any team is learning not only what everyone can do but learning how to work together with those abilites.  Of course this is also assuming you want to adapt to what your Zanpaku-tou can do.  If instead you want to learn to make it adapt to how you want to fight, well that's a different road and one you'd have better luck figuring out how to do since how one does that is usually tied more to them.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Private]   Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:32 am

"Change myself in order to adapt." Kaminari muttered to herself, seeing the Rukongai and the Seireitei walls come into view over one of the large hills they came to the top of. There wasn't much to be said after that. Kaminari was stuck contemplating what Captain Arishima had said and wondering what path she could take. She was skilled in kido and zanjutsu, but one of those kind of required her zanpakuto to be sealed, something that was proving to be a pain in the backside.

"Since I can't rely on kido all the time, Hakuda would be my best choice. I'm not exactly the best in in though." Kaminari finally spoke up after quite a bit of thought on the subject, "I don't see others being able to adapt to my zanpakuto. It's too much of a change. Besides, I have to admit that I'm not sure I want anyone being used to the way my zanpakuto feels. It's like making someone used to your lightning and wind strikes. It pretty much gives them a major edge over you and if they ever decide to betray you, you're kind of at a major disadvantage."

The two of them were able to make it back to the Seireitei in good time. They made it into the gates before Kaminari slowed to a stop and took a few moments to catch her breath. "Just give me a second..." she asked, leaning up against one of the Seireitei walls and taking a few deep breaths, "I'm not normally witness to a Captain's bankai and you released two... I think I have the right to be a little tired after that and the run there and back." Kaminari stretched by raising her arms and leaning back and forth. "So, what's your specialty? I mean, in combat."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Private]   Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:40 am

“We must each determine what our own best path is,” Genpaku responded to her decision and explanation. Whether that was agreement or disagreement was unclear; if anything, it sounded like something he was repeating that he'd been told an untold number of time. He offered no argument though when Kaminari leaned against the wall and asked for a breather. She'd done well to come this far, so he leaned against the wall opposite her, taking in the sunshine of the day. She smoothly moved into another question though.

“I've made it a point of learning and understanding most of the different styles of Shinigami combat, since I've rarely found that having more tools to fight monsters is a bad thing. My specialty though would be Hoho and Hakuda in that order. I've always had speed come natrually, and the techniques of Hoho came much the same. Combining that with speed tends to work well,” he explained.
“I'd consider myself reasonably skilled in both, though I'm obviously nowhere near the level of the 'Three Fists' as they're known. Hard to say how fast I am compared to the other Captains; we don't exactly have races you know. As far as I'm concerned, I've still got a lot to learn and a long way to go.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Private]   Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Kaminari caught her breath by the time he answered her question. "Hm." she said shortly, a hint of something more to come once she thought of the right words. She pondered for a moment and then nodded. "Yeah, two things I noticed there." she said, holding up two fingers, "Firstly, the word 'monsters.' Pretty sure I heard you call them that once or twice before, but I can't remember. Most call them hollows, arrancar, spirits, etcetera. I apologize if this is too forward, but is there a bad history there? I don't want to know what, but not everyone sees them as monsters, but as lost spirits damned to suffer. I mean, I guess once they're hollows they are just instinctual creatures, but so is a wolf. I don't know..." She groaned and crossed her arms, "I'm just interested in why you call them monsters. Anyways!!!"

"The part I'm most curious about... You're one of them humble nice guys, aren't you?" Kaminari said with a knowing smile as she stepped over and lightly pat a finger on his chest, "Instead of admitting that you're pretty amazing, you say you have a lot to learn and could get better. Yes, everyone can, but why not boast a little?" Kaminari grabbed onto his shoulders and likely shook him, "You're the youngest Captain of the Gotei Thirteen in history! You've got two shikais and bankais. Who cares whether there is more to learn or whether you're a match for the Three Fists. You've got a few titles under your belt that no one else in the Gotei Thirteen, now or in the past, has ever had. It's okay to brag a bit, especially to me. I am your Lieutenant. If you can't to me, then who in the heck can you boast to?"

"I do understand why you wouldn't want to give your self a pat on the back when someone like your Mom is around. I could tell instantly that she's got a bit of an ego, and if her reputation is right she does kind of deserve it. However, she'd probably be like "OH WELL I CAN DO THIS" and bench press a mountain." Kaminari chuckled at her own joke, "But yeah, let loose a little bit. You obviously understand your skill and should understand that you are in the two percent of Shinigami that stand at the top. You have the right to let some of us know how hard you've worked. Sometimes, it's okay to be prideful... at least enough to not be the 'I've still got a lot to learn' type when there are thousands lagging behind you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Private]   Yesterday at 9:03 am

“Because they are,” Genpaku answered to her first question. “Who they were is twisted by the nature of what they've become, and they've become hungry. They've become cruel. There is no recourse but to cleanse them,” he said, and while his tone never much changed something cold flowed through his words, something solid and spiteful and sharpened. He seemed to consider the second part of her question though for several quiet moments before he lifted up his left arm, using his right to pull the sleeve down. While they poked out slightly even when he wore the uniform correctly, with the sleeve down his arm was revealed to be covered in scars. Defensive wounds from a pivotal event in his life, or afterlife depending on how you wanted to classify such things.
“Yes, you could say there is bad history there. I've seen firsthand what kind of cruelty Hollows live in, what pain they find solace with. My life, my family, was ended by their hunger.” Before she could offer apology he held out his right hand, letting his left arm fall and the sleeve fall back into place. “It was a fair question,” he said.

He moved onto her second point. He made no move to stop her from shaking him, and seemed to think on the point for a bit.

“I guess you could say I've just never been much the boasting type? I'm not delusional, I know that there are few Shinigami who can reach the level of skill and power I've managed to obtain."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Private]   

Back to top Go down

The First Mission [Private]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2