Bleach ReAwakening: Broken Mirror Arc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Staff
Quick Links
Rules
Grading Guidelines
Skill Sheets
Face Claim List
Site Timeline
Racial Information
Arrancar
Human (TBA)
Shinigami
Vizard
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Template
Shinigami Template
Vizard Template
Organizations
Espada
Gotei 13
Mikazuki
Latest topics
» TESTING
The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 5:01 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Shizuru [WIP]
The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 12:52 am by Tsubine

» Yamato Gunrato, 11th Division's Happy Monk
The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 4:08 am by Tsubine

» Shinmon Kisaragi III
The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:34 am by Tsubine

» Chinatsu Fujisaki, Widow of Ryōtarō Fujisaki
The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:15 am by Tsubine

» Fumiko Hōzōin, Wife of Toshizō Hōzōin
The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:08 am by Tsubine

» Gō Minato of the Mikazuki
The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:00 am by Tsubine

» A Sprouting Shinigami - Kaminari Training #1
The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 10:18 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Azakaya [3-1; A3; Advanced]
The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 4:52 am by Tsubine

Top posters
[TheSerenity]
The First Mission [Closed] Vote_lcapThe First Mission [Closed] Voting_barThe First Mission [Closed] Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
The First Mission [Closed] Vote_lcapThe First Mission [Closed] Voting_barThe First Mission [Closed] Vote_rcap 
Genpaku
Teitoku
Magmata
Admin
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

The First Mission [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
[TheSerenity]

The First Mission [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 5:41 am

The last couple of days left Lilith curious about a decision that had been made. Like a few others, she watched the outcome of Captain Arishima's Lieutenant competition test thing, but did not expect the actual conclusion. The one that was chosen was some weak, tiny little rule breaker. That power, however, was something Lilith was interested in. She sensed something very off, but none of the actual onlookers were allowed to get close enough without disturbing the test. It had to have been the power that tiny mouse of a girl had to make her be his Lieutenant of choice... Right?

Lilith found herself waiting on the edge of the Eighth Division barracks for Genpaku to finally come and see her. She was a patient one and she knew he'd sense her hovering about his territory sooner or later. It's not like she had anything else to do, besides Captain her Division, but she had Tsubine for that sort of stuff. This was much more important than guiding them... at least in her mind. Who would argue?

"I'MA WAIT OUT HERE AS LONG AS I NEED TO, YA KNOW! AIN'T GOIN' NOWHERE." Lilith shouted toward the door to Genpaku's residence. She wasn't very good at sensing energy, but she was getting better! However, for all she knew he was asleep or off doing something else. It was early enough in the morning that either was possible, but she had not seen him leave and so he must be there ignoring her.

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 4:22 am

“You're lucky then that I came back to pick up things before I went out,” came Genpaku's voice from behind Lilith as he raised an eyebrow with a small smile on his face. He was dressed formally, which meant he wore his Captain's Haori and his Zanpaku-tous at his side; of little surprise considering where he'd just been. The Captain Commander was rather strict about proper etiquette, so it made sense to Genpaku to step somewhat carefully.
“I stepped out early to speak with the Captain Commander and sort out some paperwork and such. If I hadn't been coming back you'd have been here a long time waiting,” he said as she stepped by her, giving her a motion to follow him inside.
“Anything to drink?” he asked as he hung his Captain's Haiori on a hook near the door.

“What's up?” he asked. It wasn't unusual per say for Lilith to drop in unannounced, but he had a feeling that something was on her mind. It could be nothing, sure, but he just didn't think so on this one. He walked into the kitchen to make himself something simple to eat before the day really got underway. It was going to be a busy one, and a busy few days for that matter. He didn't anticipate any real problems with it though.

The First Mission [Closed] 8klWaOIn_o
Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 8:16 pm

While Lilith was someone that could easily make dumb mistakes like this, she wasn't one to get startled easily. So, when his voice suddenly sounded from an unexpected direction, Lilith didn't jump. She merely turned her head toward him and blinked, feeling silly about yelling at an empty room. "I guess I am." she replied and hopped down from the wall to stand by him, "I might have, but that would only mean I'd open the door anyway and sleep on your couch until you returned." Just because she said she'd wait out here, doesn't mean she would. Going inside would have been more comfortable, even if a lock would need replacing after the fact.

Lilith followed him along and leaned against one of the walls in his kitchen. "Oh, come on. You know I'm curious." Lilith raised an eyebrow at him, "Why the small one? You had a few other more tough lookin' guys tryin' out at the time, so why you pick the one who broke the rules and is tiny." Lilith was a larger woman herself, standing about 5'11" and athletically built, so most women were smaller than her. However, Kaminari was a midget in comparison. While Genpaku himself wasn't built like a football player, Lilith had more trust in his ability and skill. She trusted his judgement as well, but that's why she was here to figure out why. "Could a girl that small even be of use?"

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 7:42 am

“Because I needed more than a strong back,” Genpaku replied to her first comment about plenty of strong-looking guys being present.  He finished preparing his simple snack before he turned around and leaned on the counter, taking a bite both because he was hungry and to let Lilith ask her next bit of question.  He chewed on the question (and his food) for a few moments before swallowing and looking frankly at her.
“That small girl could shut down the rest of my Division,” he stated bluntly, letting it hover in the air a moment.
“Her Zanpaku-tou literally shut down the use of spiritual energy while also dampening the physical capabilities of those affected.  It doesn't seem to have an upper-limit on who it can affect, just a limited area of effect.  Even if I did chose someone else she would have every possibility of challenging for the position and potentially taking it by the normal procedure of the Gotei 13.  If I blocked her after that, not only would it seem like playing favorites but it could potentially cause a rift in the Division.”

He moved out of the kitchen, taking another bite of his breakfast.
“None of that is why I chose her for the position though.  She didn't technically break the rules; I expected someone to panic and release their Zanpaku-tou and in fact there was two other cases that garnered less attention overall after she did.  Under pressure she made a decision to stand her ground against a stronger foe to buy time for the rest of her group to escape.  It's that attitude that I cared more about than raw power.  Additionally, she demonstrated the potential for good leadership qualities in how she commanded her squad during the exercise.  Granted, she managed to recognize my energy due to a lucky circumstance so her choice to stand might not have been as brave as it had seemed.  Which is why I was out this morning; I'm taking her to the World of the Living on a mission.  I plan to see firsthand how she reacts when confronted with true killing intent out in the field.  If she isn't up to the task, then changes will have to be made.”

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 7:56 am

"I doubt that." Lilith raised an eyebrow and scoffed at the idea. That little thing shutting down his Division wasn't something that she could believe easily, but as he went on and explained more, even Lilith felt uneasy at the implications that held. "Don't like that." Lilith said, following him out of the kitchen while in thought, "What all can she do that to? Can she shut down a senkaimon? Is she limited to souls or does it also mess with technology that we've created? How does that impact the zanpakuto? Kido? Hakuda? Zanjutsu?" It's obvious when Lilith becomes interested in something.

"Now... you and I both know how hard people work to get their positions and you already told her that she's got it... I'm not sure you've got the heart to tell her 'no' if she isn't as qualified as you think since you pretty much said yes already. Feel like you'd more train her into the ground... May be wrong. You are one of the few in this world that can still surprise me. You think you can take that away from her?"

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 1:50 am

“Unsure on most of that; from what I gathered and she explained it affects spiritual energy in general.  Anyone caught in her Zanpaku-tou is brought down to 'human' status.  Though there are limits to it that even I caught; though it restricts reiatsu use and brings down a person's physical abilities, it only brings them down so far.  I may have been more sluggish in the effects of her Zanpaku-tou, but nowhere near as slow as I used to be.  I don't believe it had any effect on Zanjutsu or Hakudo; it doesn't affect the brain in that manner from what I got.”

Genpaku takes a seat as Lilith asked him about whether he could take the position away from his new Lieutenant.
“Yes I could if I had too; if I believed that long term she was unfit for the job and was going to endanger more people than help then I feel I'd have to.  If I didn't, their fates would be on my hands ultimately.  Not to mentioned the fact that if she was that unsuited for the job if I didn't take her out of the position she may just end up dead.” he said simply.  Genpaku may have a kind heart, but to him letting someone keep a dangerous position they were unsuited for was reckless for everyone involved.
“I expect some hesitation no matter what; if she hasn't had a great deal of combat experience then its almost inevitable.  It is whether or not she can overcome that or not that will be important.  Beyond just the battle end of it, it also matters how she adapts to the rest of the job.  At the end of it, she may decide that it isn't for her at the end of the day.  Everyone tries for their positions for their own reasons; at the end of the day, if they can't cut it then they don't deserve to keep their positions.  They only weaken the Divisions as a whole if they are not suited to what they hold.”

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 2:26 am

Genpaku's speech was met with silence and a raised eyebrow. Lilith smirked and nodded, impressed with what he said. She only hoped that he could hold himself to that. Though she'd never admit it, once a little thing like that began to cry or beg... even Lilith had problems staying strict. It's why to fight those more "kind" urges, some people often got punched. They'd appeal to her more gentle nature and suddenly get sent into a wall. It was an "out of sight, out of mind" situation. If she couldn't see those teary eyes and the disappointment, she didn't feel bad about doing it. The punch also often gave the message that tears won't work on her, even though they actually did.

"Well, good." was all Lilith said before standing up and stretching her back till it popped, "I'll get goin' then. Just wanted to check in on ya in the first place, figure out you thoughts on all that... Just don't break the tiny little thing." Lilith stepped up behind where he sat and gave him a one-armed hug and ruffled his hair. "Have fun today. Later." Lilith gave a two finger salute as she left, closing the door behind her. A little ways off, she crossed a silent path with the very girl that she and Genpaku had been talking about. Kaminari smiled up at her, not recognizing the Captain of the Eleventh, and continued on her way. Lilith chuckled at that and glanced back, "Midget."

Kaminari didn't hear such an insult, otherwise she'd of picked a fight with the wrong person. At least, that is what people would wish to have happened. Kaminari had decent hearing and Lilith was trying to pick a fight! Kaminari stopped in her tracks and looked back to the large red-headed woman with her eyes narrowed. "Got a problem with me?" Kaminari asked, venom in her tone. "I have a problem with most tiny little things like you," Lilith said with a cocky wide smile, "I end up squashing y'all a bit to easily, can't control it." Kaminari turned fully toward Lilith and her expression dulled, "So you're picking on me because I'm not a giant like you? Oi... What a waste of time."

"You're calling me a waste of time?" Lilith asked with an honest curiosity, almost amused by the idea of it. "No, no. Not at all." Kaminari calmly waved that off, a lot more civilly than Lilith expected, "I'm just in a very good mood. I got a perfect nights sleep, ate a delicious breakfast, and have a mission I am going on today. All of this happened after I made Lieutenant of the Eighth. So, I don't think this is worth either of our time. If you're actually wanting to fight, we can do it another time." "Must be proud of that badge, hm?" "Yeah. Who wouldn't be?" Kaminari smiled happily and wide, "And now I get to go on my first mission, carry out my first orders! I'm super excited for today. And that is why I don't even feel like picking a fight with anyone today. Catch me another time, alright? Maybe then you'll get something out of it."

Kaminari walked off, leaving an intrigued Lilith watching her tiny back as she turned a corner off toward Genpaku's place. After a moment of thought, Lilith turned and walked off, heading back to the Eleventh Division barracks for some training. Kaminari soon found herself at Genpaku's door and knocked, waiting for an answer for a brief moment. "I'm here! May be a little early, but I'm here!" she called out at the door, truly not giving him enough time to answer before knocking again and again...

Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 7:50 am

Genpaku reached up and returned Lilith's one armed hug with a wry smile.
“Have a good day,” he called after her.  He sat there in the quiet that existed after Lilith left, eating his food and thinking.  He didn't sit too long though; he imagined Kaminari would be turning up soon, so it would probably be best to get himself ready once more.  He stuffed the rest of his snack in his mouth and rose, going about his apartment and setting things in order before he reclaimed his Haori and his Zanpaku-tous.

Sure enough, the knocking began.  And continued.  She didn't even really give him time to answer before the knocking continued, which told him she was rather excited about all of this.  Whether that was a good or bad thing...well, that remained to be seen.  He answered the door, raising an eyebrow at her.

“I do believe I heard you on the first knock, Vice-Captain Hatakeyama,” he chided, but there was laughter in his voice.
“I take it you're ready, by your bright-eyed enthusiasm.  Then let us get underway; we have a stop to make prior to heading out to the World of the Living,” he said, and started out.  He started out walking, figuring there would be some conversation before they got to really covering ground.

[/color]
Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 4:57 am

"Are you sure? I'm not so sure that you're sure that you heard me the first time, because I had to keep knocking. It needed to happen." Kaminari crossed her arms and nodded seriously. Soon, she had her hands clasped behind her back and a bigger smile on her face. She nodded with excitement and did a few quick hops. "Yep! I can't wait to get things started. It's gonna be so muc-..." Kaminari stopped and hurried to walk at her Captain's side. "What sort of stop are we making?"

It seemed Kaminari was going to see her Captains zanpakuto. Well, okay then! Kaminari's excitement hit the roof in that moment. How cool was that?! She went off day dreaming about what it possibly was. Offensive, defensive? Long or short ranged? Was it an area of effect like hers or did it boost his abilities? There were so many possibilities! Kaminari giggled like a giddy school girl before flailing her arms. "This is gonna be the best day ever! Nothing can make it go bad!" Kaminari playfully punched at the air as they walked along, "Not even stupid red-headed giants with size complexes! She tried to put me in a bad mood; not happening!"

"Oh, I should tell you!" Kaminari sped up a bit and walked in front of Genpaku, but backwards so she could face him, "When I was on my way to your place, this woman with red hair and an eye-patch tried to pick a fight. I didn't even say anything to her, didn't even look her way, and she tossed an insult my way. She was obviously trying to pick a fight, maybe get me in trouble, but I didn't fall for it. Told her she could fight me another day if she had a problem with me... Oh, and her only problem was apparently she didn't like my height." Kaminari's cheer faded and she looked off, her eyes narrowed as she thought of pummeling her new rival.

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 5:34 pm

Genpaku answered her question about the nature of their quick stop easily enough; it was time for her to learn what his Znapaku-tous were capable of. Generally speaking, he found this to be a rather important piece of information to pass along to his Lieutenants in the case that something were to go wrong. He'd seen the Zanpaku-tous of most of the Captains he'd served under, so it made sense to him. He did know that some Shinigami did not share that outlook, that some were fiercely secretive with what their Zanpaku-tous could do. He could even understand it in this day and age, with the possibility of civil war looming because of the actions of the Mikazuki. It was always possible that the information about your Zanpaku-tou could get back to the enemy.

One would not be faulted for then, maybe, considering Genpaku's actions here reckless or even stupid. Here was a girl who hailed from the Shojin who had appeared with immense power out of nowhere. She had the very real possibility of being a spy. Genpaku didn't think so though, and in the end he didn't believe it mattered. Mostly, he wanted Kaminari to get an understanding of what his Zanpaku-tous felt like so she would know what their appearance would mean. The specifics of his Zanpaku-tous were of less importance. Kaminari continued to talk as they walked, when she began describing a very familiar person, bring Genpaku back out of his head as she spoke. He raised an eyebrow at her as she began, and by the end of it a small wry smile had appeared on his face.

“You really have no idea who that was, do you?” he asked before he gave a small shake of his head and a small laugh to go with it.

“Well, no one can say you aren't brave. Leaving an open invitation to fight the Captain of the Eleventh Division is certainly many things, but cowardly isn't one of them,” he elaborated, letting that news hang in the air. After Kaminari had her chance to react, he'd speak up again.
“Lilith is a woman who values strength, and she can be rather quick to make judgments about people. She has immense power and strength, and this colors her opinions of others pretty easily. Add in the fact that she's rather tall herself for a woman, and well you can see where these things might start to effect how she views others. Don't take it too personally; she talks like that about most people. Once she recognizes your strength though, generally you'll earn her respect.”

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 2:10 am

"Nuh'uh." Kaminari replied casually, unaware of the calm in her tone about to be chased away with five words. "Captain of the Eleventh Division." Kaminari felt her stomach sink and everything went off balance. She stumbled forward, tripping over her own two feet and was a couple inches off from her own face plant before a hand hit the ground to prevent her face from doing the same thing. With her heart racing, she went back to the memory of how she even talked to that woman, how she told the Captain of the Eleventh Division to fight her another time. She felt sick. The one Captain that Kaminari truly feared even meeting... Kaminari had pretty much invited that same Captain to kill her. "I... am gonna die."

Kaminari broke out into a sweat, the fear showing abundantly clear on her face. In that moment, nothing else but her own dark world an inevitable incoming death existed. Her heart was pounding so hard in her chest that she could feel it on the surface of her cheeks. The warm air felt cold on her skin due to the amount of sweat that seeped from her pores. "But why..." she muttered fearfully, her voice shaking from the fear, "Why me? What did I do? What's wrong with me? I just signed my own death certificate." This wasn't something that Kaminari had the mind to hide from either. She was extremely serious when speaking to the Eleventh Division Captain, so she took it much more seriously than her own Captain did.

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 3:46 am

Genpaku chuckled slightly as Kaminari began to react, and nearly fell flat on her face.  However, that joviality disappeared when it became apparent that this was not a simple realization of a mistake.  Granted, Genpaku's outlook on Lilith and her reputation was certainly not the norm.  Lilith had taken an interest in him early on, and he'd never known enough to really fear her as many others did.  He understood that she was powerful, perhaps the most powerful Shinigami in the Gotei.  He'd never had cause to be afraid of her in the way many others would, and certainly in the way that Kaminari was.

He stepped up next to her as she muttered, real fear gripping her voice.
 “No you haven't,” he said, but it was plain to see she didn't hear him.  He knelt down, and placed a hand on her shoulder.
“Hatekeyama, listen to me.  You are not going to be killed by Lilith Blake.  I know this to be a fact, so you should know it as well and relax.  No matter what you've heard, what you have believed up until now, know that she is not going to do you lasting harm,” he said to her in calm and steady words with iron in them, with a belief as solid as stone.
“You are the Vice-Captain of the Eighth Division now.  If the mere name of another is enough to bring you to your knees, you've a long way to go before you can honor that badge,” he said, gently scolding her but challenging her at the same time.  His eyes were understanding but steady, and he had a small smile on his face.  He truly believed there was nothing to fear.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 4:03 am

Kaminari flinched when something put pressure on her shoulder. She looked back wide eyed. For a brief moment, it was like she was looking at Lilith herself, the red demon glaring angrily down at her. When it spoke though, it was the voice of her Captain and so her mind came back to a reality it greatly preferred. She was silent, contemplating his words and attempts to comfort her. She brought her hand to the badge on her arm and squeezed it tight. She stumbled a moment, but got to her feet.

"No, I worked to hard for this." she said in whispered tones, but he should have been able to hear her, "It isn't her name, but the hundreds of stories those of the Shojin tell about her. Even the woman who trained me fears her... She spoke of Captain Blake as nothing more than a nightmare, a beast without control and a woman with no regard for the well-being of others. How are you not scared of her? And why does she walk around picking on people she knows she can destroy? I should have been able to tell, but sometimes I wonder if Hana prevents it..."

Kaminari grasped her zanpakuto and there was a moment of silence as she conversed with Hana. About ten seconds later, Kaminari would come back to focus and looked to her Captain. "She won't ever admit it, but sometimes I think she prevents me from sensing the power of other Shinigami. It's like she can put a block on my senses, the same way she can put a block on other people's spiritual powers. It's frustrating... I couldn't tell that Lilith had any power at all. I thought she was new, but no... She may also be damn good at hiding her energy."

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 4:39 am

“I can tell you that no, she is not good at controlling her energy,” Genpaku said to the end of Kaminari's monologue. He had intentionally remained quiet while she spoke, letting her paint a picture of what exactly it was that had just reduced her to a mass kneeling on the ground.
“Despite the stories you have heard, she is not devoid of emotion and she is not a rampaging beast. If she had no control over her own power, half the Soul Society would not be standing; she was in a good mood today after all,” he said, giving a small smile at the joke.
“She is also one of the single strongest beings, possibly the strongest Shinigami in the Gotei if some of the stories are to be believed. She wears that eyepatch of hers to reduce her power so she does not leave holes in walls where she walks and unconscious or worse people in her wake. She is careful with her strength so she does not hurt people. That all said, she's also always up for a fight and more than aware of her own power. Maybe that makes her confident, maybe it makes her cocky; that's a decision someone else can make.” Genpaku may have never seen Lilith really go to the wall, never seen her break out all the power she had to bear, but he didn't truly need to; there were plenty of stories and information to be found if you wanted to go looking.

“I am not scared of her in the way most are, and certainly not in the way you are, because I never heard the stories before meeting her. I got to know her, the person, before I heard of her, her reputation. Considering that she's also, effectively, my adopted mother,” he said, giving a shrug as if to say 'there ya go.'
“Which is why I'm pretty confident she won't kill you; you are my Lieutenant after all. Which isn't to say you may not end up with some bruises if she decides to call you on that challenge.”

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 4:56 am

Kaminari was proud of where she had gotten to. She was the Lieutenant of the Eighth Division. She always kept her word and proved it by completing Shino Academy in one year since she already had years worth of training behind that. She had no intention of letting anyone down, especially her Captain. Showing him that moment of weakness was something she regretted, but at least he understood her fear. He just explained that his view came from a very different point. All he had to say came closer to the end of his explanation. The surprise showed clearly.

"Adopted Mother?" she repeated once he finished. Though it may have seemed like she did not hear the rest of what he said, she did. She wasn't one to ignore what her Captain was telling her (at least not yet). There was a moment of thought as she considered what he said. "The scary Captain of the Eleventh Division was adopted as a Mother by the youngest Captain in the Gotei Thirteen. That's... impressive."

Needless to say, Kaminari was left a little dumbfounded by that. She stared at Genpaku for a moment and had to fight a laugh. She looked away and covered her mouth, giggling to herself. "You don't look right with red hair." she said, wiping a tear of joy from her eye before motioning down their path, "I'm sorry for that little display of mine. I shouldn't have reacted so cowardly, though you seem to understand why I did. It's nice to hear about the Demon Captain of the Gotei from another view... Either way, shall we get going? Don't want to lose daylight."

Once they got moving again, Kaminari walked with the same confidence and good mood she had at the beginning of all this. She put her hands behind her back and giggled again. "Though you definitely could not rock the red hair, I can see her rocking the silver hair." she brought up after a bit of silence, "You should get your Mother to bleach her hair. She would definitely look amazing with your color."

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 5:12 am

“Well, she kinda adopted me first,” he amended. At this point though it was a mutual adoption, in more than one sense. He didn't feel like going into the details though, and not all those details were even his to go into. Kaminari's digression into talking about how he didn't look right with red hair. He raised an eyebrow at that, but he certainly couldn't disagree with her. She cycled back around into an apology, which he waved off.
“I've no concern that you were afraid, because being fearless is its own problem. As long as you can overcome your fear and move past it,” Genpaku said, before nodding in agreement. He gave his Lieutenant an amused look at her further rambling on the topic of Lilith's hair before he simply shook his head with a small laugh.

“I'll keep that in mind. For now, let's focus on the task at hand. To begin with, we're going to travel out of the Toryouseiku into one of the uninhabited areas so I don't cause any accidental injury when I'm demonstrating my Zanpaku-tous. How proficient are you with Shunpo for the purposes of traveling larger distanced?” he asked. He had some idea from the records he'd pulled from the Academy since Kaminari proved she had the potential for the position, but he wanted to hear what she considered her ability to be at rather than rely on those records.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 7:49 pm

"Well, the easiest answer is that I suck, but I honestly don't know. How do I gauge my own skill when I don't know how any of the Captain's move. For all I know, my skill is mediocre for a Lieutenants. I know you asked for my opinion, but I really don't know." Kaminari shrugged, her smile never fading as she thought on his question, "I mean... The people at the Academy passed me without a second look, so I'm doing something right. I even tutored a few of the other students... I was also told that my skill was better than a seated officer, so I might be better than I think."

"Why don't you tell me how skilled you are in it, or your own opinion of your skill?" she asked and then ended up giggling over her own imagination again, "It's gonna be so cool to see you in action. Though, it might be scary at the same time... From what I learned at the Academy, Captain's don't usually hop into battle, except Captain Blake, but there aren't many who'd argue with her, are there?" Kaminari brought her hands up behind her head and stared up at the sky as the two walked along. "Must be cool to be a Captain, to do whatever you want and be able to protect everyone you care for... Maybe one day, I'll be a Captain too."

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 am

Genpaku gave a small gesture conceding to some of her assessment; without an idea of how much better you could be it is generally hard to tell how good you are. Granted though, that wasn't entirely what he was looking for though.
“You bring up a good point, though I more was questioning how far you could travel and how long you could keep up sustained travel,” he clarified. When she turned the question to him, he considered his answer for a few moments.
“Hakuda and Hoho are the two areas I have focused most on; they're my preferred methods of combat. While I feel like I still have a long way to go others would likely say I'm above average in those skills. I've gotten pretty good at using Shunpo in general, I'm pretty efficient with its use regardless of distance I'm traveling.” Truth be told, Genpaku was likely one of the most proficient users of Hoho techniques in general and shunpo in particular. However, Genpaku had a bad habit of not looking at where he'd come from, only where he had yet to go in this sense. He believed her could still improve his skill, and so as far as he was concerned he had a long ways yet to go.

“That actually depends on which Captain you're talking about. While Captain Blake tends to jump into any fight that peeks her interest, there are a few other Captains that see more action. The different is that when Captain Blake takes the field it is noticed. Its an event. I tend to go out on short patrols into the world of the living, but there is rarely much in the way of big threats that make any kind of show for people to notice. The Captain of the Tenth Division is really only ever inside the Crimson Edge for a few days at most; he tends to remain out past the barrier on patrol and establishing a perimeter. While some of it is cool I guess, mostly its a lot of responsibility. In some ways it inhibits your ability to act as well. There are a lot more rules to being a Captain than most people think of.” he explained. “Maybe one day,” he said simply to her last comment. The honest truth was that Genpaku didn't doubt she had the potential, but it would come down to her drive to improve herself in the end.

After she gave more of an answer to what he was looking for, he'd give a nod.

“Well, if you've had enough of a warm-up let's get moving. We have some distance to travel. I'll lead the way, you set the pace,” he said before he started off. He kept his shunpo steps small at first, before matching Kaminari's as they made their way out of the Toryouseiku, then the Rukongai. He'd slow if she did, and give her a chance to take a break if she needed it. Before too long, they reached an abandoned canyon area that Genpaku knew and occasionally used for training when he needed privacy and to not be in the middle of the Gotei. It was actually in this place that he'd discovered his Bankai's, so he felt it was as fitting a place as any.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 9:32 pm

When Captain Arishima was the one talking about his own skills, it felt more educational. Learning about what her Captain could do helped her understand more of what he meant when he asked her the same question. Once he finished, she nodded and thought for a brief moment. "I see... Well, I am pretty quick on my feet, so shunpo does sometimes feel like it comes natural to me. At times, I can perform it easily, almost like it is second nature, but when I dare think about performing it, I end up tripping over my own two feet every now and then. I know I over think it... As for the rest, I practiced my swordsmanship more than anything up until I found what my shikai does. After that kido became my focus... I think I am decent with all three, but kido is definitely my number one skill without a doubt in my mind."

Hearing the comparison between Captain Blake and Captain Arishima was interesting as well. She may have let the stuff about the "Crimson Edge Captain" slip out of her mind, more focused on his description of Captain Blake. She may end up fighting her, ya know... Was that red-headed demon that impressive? Her own Captain described her battling as "an event." What the hell was that woman? "That... only terrifies me more. I'd really prefer not to be beaten by her that publicly." Kaminari explained a bit worried about what may come of this "challenge" she put out. "Maybe those extra rules will keep me alive..." she muttered under her breath, unaware of whether Captain Arishima could hear her.

Kaminari came out of her own thoughts when Captain Arishima made it clear that it was time to get moving. She hurried along, shunpo'ing forward trying to keep up with him at first. The level of shunpo she showed the first three-to-four times was a bit more advanced, as if it did come naturally, but then it did end up like she was over thinking it. She slowed down, covered less distance, and even almost fell from a roof at one point. She did catch herself, but a Captain would easily see the fumble. After some travel, the two made it to a large canyon that impressed Kaminari. "Just, wow..." she said as she looked out over it, "This is impressive."

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 4:25 am

“That was my thought too,” Genpaku responded as he strode forward into the mini-valley-canyon.  He stopped after a bit, judging that this would be good enough.
“So,” he said, spinning around to face Kaminari.  “As I told you, I figured it would be smart for you to know the feel of my Zanpaku-tous upon release since it will generally be important if I've released them and I'm not actively working on training.  You've already had a feel of my reiatsu from the test earlier,” he commented, referring to the release of both of his Shinigami powers.  He reached down, drawing the top blade of the two he carried.
“I'll be showing you both their Shikai's and Bankais, so you best be prepared for that,” he warned.  While he wouldn't be aiming to really exert the reiatsu of either of them there was only so much mitigation that could be done.

He held up the first blade.

“This, is Raiden,” he called, and the shape shifted.   The blade elongated slightly and became wider, the hand-guard distending and bending.  It looked little like the katana it began as, and the air seemed to buzz with static as the form solidified.  It was sleek and jagged and harsh.  It spoke of broken nights.
“As you could probably tell by the name Raiden is an elemental-type Zanpaku-tou, and no points for guessing it element.  Primarily, it a melee Zanpaku-tou with ranged capabilities.  He's able to project arcs of electricity which inhibit and hurt things,” he explained as he moved the weapon around for her to see before slashing towards one of the canyon walls; a crescent wave of electricity lashed out from the blade's arc, moving at considerable speed and washing over the rocky wall.  As he drew the blade back, the blade erupted in electricity similar to the wave, which Genpaku showed Kaminari for emphasis.
“Getting hit by it will cause enemies some problems keeping up with me, or themselves,” he said as a way of bringing the demonstration of the Shikai to a close.

He held the blade out once more, flipping his grip so that he held it upside down with the point towards the ground.

“And this is his Bankai,” he intoned, and the word sounded like far off thunder as he released the weapon.  It hovered in place for a bare moment, suddenly aglow with warm light before it seemed to vanish as it streaked up into the sky.  The sunny day seemed to cloud over in an instant, great thunderheads simply appearing as though they'd been there all along.  The skies churned as though agitated, and whispers of lightning danced among the clouds.
“ Reikoku Raiden takes another track than its Shikai in terms of combat.  It remains an elemental-type Zanpaku-tou; the storm above us is no illusion but its form.  It is an area that is centered on me, and it projects its power from above to strike down my foes.”
As if on queue a bolt of lightning lashed out from above, shattering the darkness with its light and striking the ground some fifty odd yards off.  Almost at the same time, there was a crack as the quiet was chased away by Reikoku Raiden's cry.
“It has a few other applications and effects; I seem to mostly be immune to electrical-based attacks while he's active for example.  But that's about the gist of it,” Genpaku said simply.  He closed his eyes and concentrated, holding out his hand.  After a few moments, a bolt of lightning struck down to where his outstretched hand waiting, and the sealed Zanpaku-tou appeared in his grasp.  Over the next several heartbeats the storm that had roiled above with threats of danger dissipated until the bright sun returned to the canyon.  Genpaku opened his eyes and sheathed the sword once more.
“And I imagine you understand why we came so far out for this demonstration now.”

[/i][/i]
Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 4:07 am

Finding out what your Captain's zanpakuto actually does was an event in itself. What can someone do beyond sit back and watch in awe at the sheer power and what that power meant to you, the wielder, and the Gotei Thirteen all together. Upon the release of his shikai, a few questions came to Kaminari's mind. Why an elemental zanpakuto? Why lightning of all the elements? Did it just speak to his speed or was there something deeper to his soul? Zanpakuto mirrored their owners in some way, so what exactly did the lightning reveal when it came to Captain Arishima?  These were questions that she'd ask later if she remembered them.

With what came next, the chance of her recalling those questions decreased. As his bankai was released, Kaminari became entranced by it. It wasn't a beauty or the immense power that she was entranced by, but the memories of a time in her past. She looked up to the darkening sky as clouds formed above, tensing at the explosive echo of thunder and sharp crack of lightning. "I see." Kaminari distractedly muttered before her eyes snapped over to the spot of the lightning strike. The instant caused her heart to race and it wasn't obvious that she was at least slightly uncomfortable. She hid it pretty well, not wanting to seem weak or scared. The look could also be attributed to the large spiritual pressure that the close release of bankai put on her. She wasn't exactly used to such a feeling.

"You've got an impressive bankai. I can't say I'm curious about seeing it in action..." Kaminari rubbed the back of her head, a second hidden meaning beneath what she actually said. A lot of Shinigami became excited about the idea of witnessing their Captain fight at one hundred percent, but Kaminari was not. "It may sound odd, but the release of a Captain's bankai means something big is happening, and I'd prefer nothing like that occuring. The calmer things are, the easier it is to do our jobs." Kaminari put her hands behind her back and closed her eyes to think clearer. She went to speak, but stopped when she realized something extra was laying at Genpaku's hip. "I've thought of having an extra sword at my side to not deal with my shikai auto-releasing. Why do you have yours?"

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2019 7:30 am

Genpaku picked up on some of the unease that Kaminari felt, but he didn't interpret it as much. Generally speaking thunderstorms had few positive connotations that came with them, so the fact that his bankai may in fact unnerve people was not a new concept to the young captain. He could also understand her outlook where actually seeing the bankai in action was concerned; he could also hope for a quiet world where his Bankais wouldn't be needed, but he was glad to have them when that hope would be challenged and found wanting. Genpaku took in the few moments of quiet as Kaminari seemed to think, enjoying the return of the sun's warmth. When she next spoke up though, it caught his attention. He looked back to his Vice-Captain with a slightly raised eyebrow and look of minor amusement.

“You didn't do much digging into the Divisions or their Captains while you were in the Academy, hmm?” he asked with such straightforward curiosity as to remove any mocking from the question. The truth was there was no mocking to be had in his question; finding out about the Divisions had been one of the biggest things to Genpaku during his time in the Academy, and the discovery that a Zanpaku-tou could change its form and increase one's power had been a monumental discovery to the young Shinigami. After finding out about it he had delved into research and questions. Then again, not everyone thought like he did. He reached down, drawing the second Zanpaku-tou from its sheath.
“Currently in all of the Gotei and likely all of Soul Society, I hold a unique privilege; I am the only Shinigami who possesses two Zanpaku-tous. Not a dual Zanpaku-tou, and not a linked Zanpaku-tou, but two entirely separate Zanpaku-tous. The details of how that came to happen are complicated,” he said, cutting off the question before it could come up, “but the simple explanation is that one of my Zanpaku-tous was, in a sense, inherited while the other comes from my own Shinigami powers. Raiden was passed on to me, while this one is my own.” He held up the second Zanpaku-tou. “Her name is Fujin.”

As he called her name faint green cracks of energy erupted up the blade. As they covered the blade, the blade of the Zanpaku-tou shattered and the pieces seemed to simply vanish. The hilt shifted and changed rapidly, and within moments of calling her name Fujin's form became clear. The wind kicked up and flowed in to where the blade had been. It mixed with reiatsu and became visible, tinged emerald in color as a blade of reiatsu-infused air took place of where the blade had been.
“Like Raiden, Fujin is an elemental type Zanpaku-tou though in this case she's a wind element. She is likewise a melee Zanpaku-tou with ranged capabilities, but she tends to be a bit more straightforward than Raiden,” he explained, giving another swing of the Zanpaku-tou off towards one of the canyon walls. A blade of wind rushed out to meet the wall; unlike with Raiden however the blade didn't wash over the wall, but instead struck and cut into stone itself.
“She can also create a large cone-like attack similar to that which will shred most things caught in it. While she has a few other uses, the more important one actually has to do with the blade.”

He walked a few steps closer so that Kaminari could see the shifting nature of the Zanpaku-tou blade, though he'd make sure she didn't reach out towards it.
“The blade itself is not solid. Which you're seeing a highly condensed and pressurized air. While I can't block physical objects with the blade, the reverse is also true. Furthermore, the blade itself doesn't truly cut so much as scour.” To show this, Genpaku moved the tip of the blade down towards the ground. Predictably, as the blade came close to the ground cuts and scrapes appeared along the ground. He looked back over to Kaminari, to see if she had any questions thus far.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 4:02 am

"I had to complete the entire academy's curriculum in a year! I didn't have time to look extra stuff up!"

Kaminari flailed like a child for the brief moment of explanation she gave. She probably should have looked up more, but it wasn't exactly on her lists of to-do's or within her normal interests. She didn't care about the other Divisions, only the one she was aiming for. To be honest, she didn't really look up much about the young man that is now her own Captain, so maybe she should have done a bit more research? Oh well! What's done is done and there's nothing she could do about it.

The display that Captain Arishima gave with Fujin threw her for a loop. It wasn't the blades power or anything that Genpaku did with it. Fujin's existence was what was odd. No, actually it was Raiden's existence. To Kaminari, two zanpakuto sounded terrifying in concept. She knew how rough her own zanpakuto was on her when using it. Yet, Captain Arishima could handle two at once? Well, not at once, but along side each other? Wait... Could he? So many questions came to mind. However, there was one question that came to mind that she had to ask now.

"I'm curious, Captain Arishima... Why Raiden, then?" Kaminari tilted her head. Out of everything she could have asked, Kaminari chose to ask that. "And what I mean by that is..." she continued, realizing the original question was too vague, "If Fujin is of your own power, why show Raiden first? Is what was handed down from your family more important than what your own power has granted you?"

Back to top Go down
Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 7:32 am

Genpaku tilted his head slightly as Kaminari started her question, but let her elaborate before he spoke up.
“Because Raiden was the first,” he replied simply.  For a moment it almost seemed like he was going to leave it at that.
“When my powers manifested, those powers passed down by my family were the first to come to the call of danger.  Those powers were the first to manifest its Shikai, and Bankai.  It was those powers that slowly awoke the powers I had been born with.  At least, that's how I've understood it thus far,” he explained.

“That all said, some of your assertions are incorrect.  Firstly, no set of powers is more important than any other.  Mostly because I don't look at it in those terms; its all my own power.  The power that came down through my family is not something that could be taken back away from me, even if I had family to try.  That power is all my own, both of them are.  Unless you are somehow borrowing a power, and thus it will be returned, than it isn't anyone's power but your own.”

Genpaku left his answer hanging in the air for the time being as he raised his arm out to his side. He opened his hand as though he planned to drop the blade but it simply hovered there, point down and hovering an inch from his splayed out hand.
“To leave the philosophy behind us for the time, however, there was also a practical reason to show Raiden first. Primarily, Raiden's ability affect myself and whoever I'm attack. Fujin however is more mindful of those around me. As you will see. Bankai.” The deep name of her skipped out of Genpaku's lungs and danced about on the wind as Fujin glowed a deep emerald color before she seemed to simple explode outward in a rush of wind. That wind swept up and swirled around Genpaku, obscuring him from sight for a moment by a dance of dust.

It swirled for only that moment before it cleared as Genpaku willed the air and dust to settle. In the heat of battle he may have caused it to rush out with force and fury, but not here. This time it was Genpaku whose form had changed, not the area around them. He stood now encased in a suit of intricate emerald armor, which was complimented by a pair of large translucent wings. Those wings stretched out, flaring out as though stretching for a moment before tucking back in.

“Gekidou Fujin's main ability is pretty straightforward, though no less impressive for that. What she gives me is complete control of the air and air pressure around us,” he explained. By way of example a light breeze kicked up around the two of them and through the canyon, swirling and dancing as it went. After a few moments of letting the air gently swirl Genpaku turned and gave a small chopping motion with his hand. A blade of solid air rushed out and cut deep into the canyon wall.

“Understandably, it can rather easily recreate the abilities of the Shikai and has a lot more variability besides. But what I felt was important for you to understand was what she can do for you and my allies. Anyone who remains, relatively, close to myself will be aided. Try moving around, you'll find yourself moving quicker.”

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 4:07 am

So wait a minute... Not only did he have two zanpakutos, but also had bankai for them both? Holy shit. When those wings popped up, Kaminari's childish nature came forward. Needless to say, they were beautiful. "I wanna touch 'em." she said with a little too much excitement and went out to run her fingers through the wings similarly to the way one would brush back someone's hair. However, her fingers were met with a more glassy texture, something that surprised her. "Hehehe." she giggled like a giddy school girl. During this, she hadn't noticed the lighter feeling that her body suddenly had, but she was too distracted until he said something.

"Hm?" Kaminari looked down to her feet, as if anything had changed, and then went to jog real quick. She felt the feeling instantly and understood what he was talking about. The excitement increased that stars could be seen in her eyes. She hopped around practically squee'ing. She looked to a random direction and was ready to dart off. For a brief moment, she was running in place like a cartoon and then shot off like a bullet with this new found speed of hers. Unfortunately, her body wasn't used to such a thing and her reaction time did not allow her to not slip on the first bit of wet grass she ran over. Like an old comedy banana peel skit, her feet came out from under her and she went flying forward face first.

When the face-plant didn't come, Kaminari realized that she had been caught. She looked up to her Captain and his shiny emerald armor, only to show a massive toothy smile before she was brought to her feet. "That is so fun." Kaminari said while fighting the urge to run again, even though she did have a target in her mind, "Thanks for catching me. I have a feeling that one would have hurt." When Kaminari went to say something else, she stopped and stared quite oddly at Captain Arishima. A moment later, she put her hand on her zanpakuto and with a flick of her thumb, pushed the blade from the sheath, allowing her shikai to release.

"OHHHH NO. Holy god of thunder. I mean, I don't feel like a helium balloon and the pressure on my chest and head are gone, but WHAT!?" Kaminari was stunned at what happened. The release of her shikai called for the seal of his bankai and that was almost too much for her to handle. Kaminari dropped to her knees, holding the sides of her head as if she were having some sort of panic attack. "Are you kidding me!? I can turn that off? What is wrong with me?! Holy mother of cats."

Last edited by [TheSerenity] on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Mission [Closed]   The First Mission [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Mission [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next