Bleach ReAwakening: Broken Mirror Arc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Staff
Quick Links
Rules
Grading Guidelines
Skill Sheets
Face Claim List
Site Timeline
Racial Information
Arrancar
Human (TBA)
Shinigami
Vizard
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Template
Shinigami Template
Vizard Template
Organizations
Espada
Gotei 13
Mikazuki
Latest topics
» TESTING
Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 5:01 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Shizuru [WIP]
Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 12:52 am by Tsubine

» Yamato Gunrato, 11th Division's Happy Monk
Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 4:08 am by Tsubine

» Shinmon Kisaragi III
Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:34 am by Tsubine

» Chinatsu Fujisaki, Widow of Ryōtarō Fujisaki
Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:15 am by Tsubine

» Fumiko Hōzōin, Wife of Toshizō Hōzōin
Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:08 am by Tsubine

» Gō Minato of the Mikazuki
Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:00 am by Tsubine

» A Sprouting Shinigami - Kaminari Training #1
Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 10:18 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Azakaya [3-1; A3; Advanced]
Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 4:52 am by Tsubine

Top posters
[TheSerenity]
Haunted [Closed] Vote_lcapHaunted [Closed] Voting_barHaunted [Closed] Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
Genpaku
Teitoku
Magmata
Admin
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Haunted [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsubine

Haunted [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Haunted [Closed]   Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 8:44 pm

It hadn't even been a day since Tsubine held Kanna as she died. It was the single most painful thing he'd done. He sprawled on Lilith's couch, letting another bottle roll onto the floor. His sister picked this one up too, silently keeping her host's house mostly clean. She didn't yet know whose house this was, besides "a friend's." Eira wasn't even entirely sure it was a woman's house. To be fair, she wasn't sure of much anymore.

Footsteps echoed loudly on the front steps. Someone stomped mud off their boots, as the morning rain still hadn't subsided. Tsubine raised a bottle of beer—fresh from the collection piled near his head. "Go away," he slurred loudly, "this house is... haunted, yeah... Haunted by the ghosts of Jack Daniels and Captain Morgan. OOOooOoOoOoOoooo." He popped the top and began drinking his umpteenth alcoholic beverage.

"Please be the homeowner," Eira prayed. She was hoping for someone other than her to show up to comfort him. The siblings couldn't look the other in the eye right now, let alone console one another. It was just their curse—literally. It had been the cause of their strong bond, but it was now the cause of this immense pain both felt.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

Haunted [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Closed]   Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 9:06 pm

Lilith's crimson colored hair was weighed down by the rain, sticking to her bare shoulders and back. She walked quietly in thought, knowing that Kaito awaited her on the battlefield. With him there, everything would be okay, but this shift in their world needed all hands on deck. It also needed her as a Captain, not the usual brutish, fight-loving, punch machine she normally was. For the first time in a while, she planned on pulling it out: her Captain's Haori.

Lilith stepped up to her house, having sensed the two strange energies a couple hundred yards back. Apparently, she had a couple guests. She recognized one, but not the other. She stepped through the mud and up the porch, stomping her foot down on the wood so she wouldn't track it all inside. When she opened the door, there were the unfamiliar person was the one she laid her eyes on first. Pretty. Feminine. Depressed. She looked to Tsubine. Drunk. Dumb. Pushing his luck. With a sigh, she closed the door behind her and walked over to the couch.

"It's about to be haunted, but not by liquor. I'm gonna kill you, Tsu. What the hell are you doing messing up my house? You know better." Lilith crossed her arms and stared in annoyance at him before pointing her thumb back over to Eira. "Who's the woman? I already told you that I am not into that freaky shit. I don't share."
Back to top Go down
Tsubine

Haunted [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Closed]   Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Lilith was, honestly a welcome sight. "Dying almost sounds good right now." Tsubine whispered to himself. He took another long drink of the beer in his hand. Eira caught it, and she glanced worriedly at her brother. "Dun worry 'bout it... I... I've been keeping it mostly clean. I drop a bottle, it rolls... and poof! It's gone! I think I must be some kind of kidō master. Or your house is haunted." Tsubine giggled a little at his own joke. He was more than wasted.

Eira walked around the corner from throwing the last bottle away. "Oh thank god, the homeown—" She raised an eyebrow at Lilith. She had not been expecting... that. Maybe an old man like Saitaku, but a bombshell like this? "'Share?' What do you me—" It dawned on her as she said it out loud. Eira shuddered. "Oh god, ew, no, no, no." Eira tried to not imagine it. It didn't work.

Tsubine giggled again. "That's going... freakier than I would... go? Yeah, go..." Tsubine pointed to Eira with the bottle. "Lilith, meet Eira, my twin sister. Eira, meet Lilith, the Captain of the," Tsubine quickly counted on his fingers, "Eleventh! Division of the Gotei Thirteen, also my..." "Girlfriend?" Eira interrupted her brother. Tsubine nearly dropped the bottle. "Nope, not quite. I think Lilith would kill you if she heard that though." "She's... already here."

Tsubine finally sat up. He turned and saw Lilith at the door. "Oh, hi Lilith. When'd you get here?" Eira sighed loudly, before walking over to Lilith. "Look, I'm sorry about the mess. I've been trying to keep up with him. Um... he's... normally not like this. But he did just lose someone he loved. Her name was Ka—" "Don't." Eira winced as Tsubine's voice sobered in an instant. "Don't say her name." He chugged the last of the bottle, then almost curled up as he flopped back down on the couch.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

Haunted [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Closed]   Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 9:35 pm

The level of intoxication Tsubine had reached was impressive. Had he emptied out her entire inventory? Lilith recoiled when the smell of his breath reached her nose too. The 'poofing' bottle only made her glance to the other woman. Obviously, Eira had been the one picking things up. Eira's disgust at laying with Tsubine was only surprising for a few seconds, up until she found out they were related. In fact, they were twins. A glance up Eira's figure made that easy to believe. Good genes.

Tsubine forgot pretty quickly that Lilith was here. Or he thought Eira was the one talking to him before, which would explain the dying comment... "You were in love?" Lilith questioned, her mind going back to the last time Tsubine was here. "Idiot." Lilith walked to him and grabbed his collar, pushing him face down onto the couch and then sat on his back. "Shut up. Sit there and wallow while she decides to be honest with me. I don't have time for this. I'm sure you know the Edge broke."

"Now..." Lilith turned to speak directly to Eira and would shut Tsubine up if he tried fighting her. "Don't say her name, but what happened?"
Back to top Go down
Tsubine

Haunted [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Closed]   Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 9:50 pm

Tsubine tried to resist, but it was futile. He just wished he could drink more. He just wanted to fade away and forget who he was and why he hurt. Eira swallowed hard. Lilith was someone she had heard rumors of. To think that this was her. To think that her brother knew her. To think that her brother... Eira stopped that train of thought hard and fast. "It was... my fault, really." Tsubine tried to stop her, but Lilith turned his head back to being in the cushion. He let out a frustrated groan.

"Tsu had somehow convinced Ka," Eira reflexively stopped herself, "her to come with him to get me back... well, I guess to here. He said he wanted to take me somewhere safe, even though I was locked up in a mountainside village for nearly two hundred fucking years..." She inhaled deeply. "So it was me, Tsu, and her. The three of us began traveling. We were about a day's walk from the Seireitei and near the border with the Rukongai when a group of Hollows showed up... Tsu led most of them away..."

Eira began to hug herself. "But not all. One came for me and Ka—her. She fought well, but the Hollow was able to cut me... and then it went berserk..." Eira squeezed herself tight. "The next thing I clearly remember was her laying here, a hole in her chest, Tsu running over and... she didn't make it. That other sword," Eira motioned to the pair of swords by the arm of the couch, "was her Zanpakutō. He hasn't let me go near it..."

"There's an area in the forests out there that... it's frozen solid. That was him after she..." Eira swallowed. It was painful to state that. But she had to. "She died in his arms, ma'am." Eira spoke frankly, her eyes watering at the corner. "After that, he carried me here on his back... and I've been trying to keep up with the mess he's making."

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

Haunted [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Closed]   Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Lilith looked over. She eyed that sword strongly. Instant recognition. Her gaze did not shift from it until Eira mentioned the mess. "That's enough." Lilith said softly. She stood up and put a hand on Eira's shoulder. "You are safe here. My bedroom is the only one up stairs. Go rest. You've had a hard time." While the words were calm and kind, motherly even, it was more of a demand than a suggestion. Once Eira went up stairs, Lilith glanced to that sword once more and then looked down to Tsubine. If he had not sat up already, she'd make him and then sit down next to him. She stared at him, uncaring whether he looked back. "You loved her."

"Come here." Lilith whispered and reached out, putting her arms around him and pulling him into a tight embrace. She rested her cheek on his head and ran her hand along his back. "I am so sorry." Lilith's words came out choppy and whispered. She sniffled and just held onto him firmly and kissed his forehead, a single tear falling on Tsubine's hair. "It will take time. You'll be okay. Stay here until you're ready."
Back to top Go down
Tsubine

Haunted [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Closed]   Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 10:42 pm

"Mmm..." Eira eyed her brother's suffocating form. "Just don't be too hard on him. Thank you." Eira thought about patting his back or something, but she was too tired and depressed. She didn't say another word as she walked back upstairs. Lilith's bedroom seemed to match the rest of the house. She immediately crashed onto the bed, buried herself in the pillows, and wept.

Tsubine did, in fact, have to be dragged upward. The moment Lilith said those three words, he felt the tears stinging his eyes. The embrace she gave broke him. He wept openly in her arms. It hurt him so much to realize that she'd never be able to say "I love you" back to him. It took him several minutes before he was able to speak again. "Kanna was... such a special woman. And I did love her. But I didn't deserve her love." Tsubine pushed back from the embrace lightly. "I don't know if you knew her, but she was once part of the Gotei... I hesitated on bringing her back here, but I needed help to get Eira back... She joined the Mikazuki, and that's how we met. She was the one I told you to let me handle if the Gotei went to war with them."

Tsubine began telling Lilith the painful story. "When I abandoned the Mikazuki, I had two choices... I could either take Kanna with me, or I could take Eira with me. Even Asra didn't know about her to my knowledge, but... the guy is a lunatic. So I took Eira and hid her away. I went back for Kanna, but by then the damage was done... I couldn't get close to the Mikazuki. So I stayed away. I... I should have done something. Anything. She punched me when we saw each other again... I deserved it. I warned her of the false flag attack that happened. She convinced Asra of the truth."

"I then went to her again, and I asked her to help me bring Eira back. She lashed out at me again. I deserved that too." Tsubine buried his face in his palms. Tears flowed again. "I couldn't save her, Lilith. If I had been stronger, I could have fought off the other Hollows quicker. I could have dealt with them, then gotten to Kanna. She'd be here, with me. She wouldn't be..." Tsubine tried to choke out the word, but his throat was closed tight. Tsubine took a deep breath, then stared at his open, tear-drenched palms. "If I have so much power, what good is it if I can't protect the ones I love?"

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

Haunted [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Closed]   Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 11:05 pm

Lilith held onto him until he pulled away and then let him go. There it was. That name. It was her. Kanna Hanashiro. She really did recognize the second sword. So, she was gone. Lilith took in a quiet and deep breath, slowly letting it out, as if letting free something deeper than their air in her lungs. Tsubine was hurting. Every word he said was filled with pain, fear. Lilith understood that pain more than he realized. She used her hands to brush her drying hair behind her shoulders. Then, she placed her hand in his as he looked down to his palms, ignoring the tears.

"I have only truly loved twice in my life. The first ended with time. The second ended with pain. Kenshin, I've told you of him, but I have not told you everything. He and I were going to marry, but I got hurt and..." Lilith froze, her visibly eye showing the fearful hesitation before she forced it out. "I lost the ability to have children." She had said in the past, but always has a joke, nothing serious. This was serious. "He left me because he wanted a family. A few years later, when he was to marry another, he was murdered and I had to bring his body to his fiance."

Lilith stared passed him, lightly shaking her head. "I could do nothing. I had no chance of saving him. He was just gone." she said softly, pained with each word. "To this day, I am angry about it, but... I learned how to be happy again." She turned to him. "I learned to protect who I can, accept what I can't, and not to blame myself. We're not time travelers and we can't see the future. We can only deal with what's ahead of us. We can only honor the past..." Lilith stood up and went over to grab Kanna's zanpakuto. She went back to Tsubine and stopped.

She looked at the sword for a few seconds and then to him. "Kanna Hanashiro was always a passionate woman, strong-willed, kind of the big-sister type. She was missed when she left us. She loved fiercely, fought with conviction, and never let the past hold her back. She used it as fuel to continue her journey." Lilith held the sword out to him and smiled. "How would you say you honor a woman like that?"
Back to top Go down
Tsubine

Haunted [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Closed]   Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 11:53 pm

Tsubine understood a lot more about Lilith the more she spoke. Kenshin was someone that she'd mentioned before. Tsubine always took it as he was a long-gone forgotten fiancé who died before they could marry. That was all he knew. The truth was far, far more tragic. It explained a lot about why she behaved the way she did, and more importantly, explained their relationship entirely. Tsubine didn't realize any of this yet. But he would. The one thing that he did know was that they had a bond now. This pain and emptiness wasn't something that someone really understood until they had lost someone that close to them.

What mostly finished sobering Tsubine up was the revelation that Lilith knew Kanna. Yeah, the words could have been the type of thing that just anyone could have guessed about the type of woman he preferred. But Lilith said them with enough familiarity that Tsubine had questions. No searching for answers yet, but he'd look another day. He stared at the proffered sword, deep in thought. "I'd say I don't deserve it." Tsubine sighed and grabbed the sword. "But she'd hit me if I didn't. She wouldn't want anyone else but me to honor her."

Tsubine just stared at it for a while, a fond smile crawling on his face. He was remembering some of his more fond memories of Kanna. "So, I have a... request..." Tsubine let out a breath. "We came here for a reason. Can Eira stay here? It's... the safest place I know of. I don't want whatever is coming through that hole in the wall to harm her. I know it's silly that the safest place is in the middle of a prime target, but I don't know where else to go." Tsubine kept staring at the sword as he spoke. He wouldn't let Kanna's sacrifice be in vein. "I also think there are Arrancar that snuck in with the first wave of Hollows. Eira can sense Hollows, but Arrancar seem to make that sense fuzzy. When we were fighting the Hollows... she couldn't get an exact count because of that kind of feeling. I didn't find or fight an Arrancar, so it's still out there."

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

Haunted [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Closed]   Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 12:20 am

"Yes, she can stay here." Lilith nodded, a reassuring hand placed on his shoulder. "The Gotei has already been mobilized. Guards are up all around the Seireitei and Kaito is out at the Edge. I am supposed to be heading out there now, but I need something first..." Lilith looked up toward the second floor, realizing she just sent Eira to bed. "I think I'll avoid that, though, and let your sister sleep. We have a few more things to talk about, like why I never knew you had a sister, and how you're going to pay me back for all the booze you've taken, but that can also be done later."

Lilith stood up and stretched her back. As she went to speak, she stopped and looked over her shoulder, toawrd the front door. She walked over and opened it right at one of her squad members was about to knock. "What is it?" Lilith asked when she noticed the terrified look on his face. "Cap-... It's Captain Saionji." The man spoke, utterly terrified. Lilith raised an eyebrow. "Just... You need to come. Now." Something about the tone the guy used sent Lilith's heart into a race. She glanced back to Tsubine and nodded before running off, following the messenger.

A short trip brought Lilith to a scene she never thought she'd witness. Her squad had completely blocked off the area, not allowing ANYONE through until she arrived. "What the hell is goin o-..." Lilith gasped. She stopped and she felt a piece of her heart die. Eye wide, mouth agape, breath held. Lilith froze in horror, her eyes locked with the lifeless eyes of a young man she watched grow from the moment he was born. Kazuo Saionji lay bloodied on the ground. Panic. Lilith's mind deafened herself. Squad member's lips were moving, but she heard nothing from them.

How did no one sense this? Who did this? How the hell did this even happen?! Where was J? She looked over. Isamu Gogatsu, also blooded and dead. Lilith's shoulder was grabbed roughtly. "CAPTAIN." The voice of a young man pulled her out of her thoughts. It belonged to her fourth seat, Shinpachi. "No one has the courage to call the Captain Commander. Captain Asami is busy with him as well and it gets worse. Not only are two Captain's dead, but I've been told that the last person Captain Gogatsu was with is Captain Arishima. WE CAN'T FIND HIM."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Haunted [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Closed]   Haunted [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haunted [Closed]
Page 1 of 1